Finding out background of lawyers for networking Forum

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
Kring345

Bronze

Finding out background of lawyers for networking

Post by Kring345 » Mon May 28, 2012 10:45 pm

Hello everyone-

Is there a resource available to search for lawyers with particular backgrounds? I'd imagine law schools have lists of alumni, but I am looking for attorneys in biglaw in NYC who have a military background. I'd like to network, get advice, etc. Any ideas on how to find these people?

Ive always been a big networker (Im the guy that knows everyone), and I intend to continue my networking ways when I start law school in August.

Thanks!

viking138

Bronze

Re: Finding out background of lawyers for networking

Post by viking138 » Mon May 28, 2012 11:21 pm

Kring345 wrote:Hello everyone-

Is there a resource available to search for lawyers with particular backgrounds? I'd imagine law schools have lists of alumni, but I am looking for attorneys in biglaw in NYC who have a military background. I'd like to network, get advice, etc. Any ideas on how to find these people?

Ive always been a big networker (Im the guy that knows everyone), and I intend to continue my networking ways when I start law school in August.

Thanks!
One thing that works well is searching firms you're interested in for a term that will signify military in their bio. For example, you can search the firm's site by googling site:wachtell.com JAG "judge advocate general". I did this to find alums of my undergrad and it worked out quite well for me. Good luck!

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”