Living with considerable debt with biglaw job Forum

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
jrthor10

Bronze

Living with considerable debt with biglaw job

Post by jrthor10 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:30 pm

I have been lucky enough not to have to worry about the cost of my education and $$ so far in my life. However, as I consider where and whether to attend law school next year, I was hoping to get feedback from those whom shouldered the cost of their education through loans and are now paying it off. I want to better understand what living with 150-200 k in debt will look like, specifically for individuals who got BigLaw and work in a major city (New York. DC, Chicago, etc.). For example, what does an average month's salary and budgeting look like? How are loan payments affecting standard of living, etc. Any and all feedback is appreciated.

Thanks!

seancris

Silver

Re: Living with considerable ponies with magic unicorns [ERROR:

Post by seancris » Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:02 pm

lol unintelligible.

paratactical

Platinum

Re: Living with considerable ponies with magic unicorns [ERROR:

Post by paratactical » Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:39 pm

jrthor10 wrote:I have been lucky enough not to have to worry about the cost of my education and mad skrillamad skrilla so far in my life. However, as I consider where and whether to attend law school next year, I was hoping to get feedback from those whom shouldered the cost of their education through loans and are now paying it off. I want to better understand what living with 150-200 k in ponies will look like, specifically for individuals who got magic unicorns and work in a major city (New York. DC, Chicago, etc.). For example, what does an average month's salary and budgeting look like? How are loan payments affecting standard of living, etc. Any and all feedback is appreciated.

Thanks!
QFlulz

jrthor10

Bronze

Re: Living with considerable debt with biglaw job

Post by jrthor10 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:52 am

Now that my post actually makes sense after April's Fools Day, anyone have any experiences they can share?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”