What apartments to consider for FSU? Forum

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
MellowMantis

New

What apartments to consider for FSU?

Post by MellowMantis » Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:49 am

I am visiting FSU next week and wanted to check out some potential apartments. Do any current FSU students have any suggestions for good places to look at? I would like to be closer to the law school and ideally live somewhere that isn't too loud or is not directly next to or across the street from a bar.

MellowMantis

New

Re: What apartments to consider for FSU?

Post by MellowMantis » Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:27 pm

Any current students have input?

NoleinNY

Silver

Post by NoleinNY » Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:33 pm

If you want proximity, Jefferson Towers is a pretty good deal for the price. Not exactly high class living, but it's about a block and a half from the law school safe, and cheap. I think it might be THE closest apartment building to the law school.

MellowMantis

New

Post by MellowMantis » Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:08 pm

I checked out the three Phoenix south properties that are directly across from the school and could only see myself considering college wood out of them. I also thought the apartments down call st were ok, Franklin point or something like that. Are these decent options?

NoleinNY

Silver

Post by NoleinNY » Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:51 pm

MellowMantis wrote:I checked out the three Phoenix south properties that are directly across from the school and could only see myself considering college wood out of them. I also thought the apartments down call st were ok, Franklin point or something like that. Are these decent options?
I don't remember much about Collegewood except accidently walking in a side door when trying to cut across streets.

I don't know anything about Franklin Pointe. Jefferson Arms and Jefferson Towers are the most familiar to me, the latter being home to a friend of mine. I usually lived on the west side of campus, so I don't have personal experiences with the others. There a number of apartments, quadplexes, multi-people homes individually owned near there to check out (as opposed to management company owned.).

IIRC, there are school-chartered buses that run to and from campus from various directions and runs by popular off-campus student housing spots and one of them may go by the law school. Food for thought, if you don't want to drive to school.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”