1L Club Involvement down 75% Forum

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.

Do you belong to a club?

Poll ended at Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:59 pm

No club participation
38%
1 Club
21%
2 Clubs
13%
3 or more Clubs
27%

Total votes: 52

kwais

Gold

Re: 1L Club Involvement down 75%

Post by kwais » Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:39 pm

I think if you are choosing b/n studying and joining clubs (which it appears that OP is doing), then you are doing it wrong. I'm in a handful of clubs, and they are a great way to take a break, do something interesting that is not civ pro, eat free food and meet people. Does OP really go to NYU? If so I think that's hilarious. When I was looking at NYC schools, everyone said that NYU was so much more fun or chill or something (as compared to CLS). Looks like that turned out to be false.

Gold

Post by 094320 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:42 pm

birdlaw117

Gold

Post by birdlaw117 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:05 pm

kwais wrote:I think if you are choosing b/n studying and joining clubs (which it appears that OP is doing), then you are doing it wrong. I'm in a handful of clubs, and they are a great way to take a break, do something interesting that is not civ pro, eat free food and meet people. Does OP really go to NYU? If so I think that's hilarious. When I was looking at NYC schools, everyone said that NYU was so much more fun or chill or something (as compared to CLS). Looks like that turned out to be false.
I'm at NYU and I have no idea what OP is talking about. Also, I'm not entirely sure what OP is including in "clubs". Does that include all the various PI organizations/intramural sports/other random clubs? I really don't know.

On that note, I don't really think there is a difference between NYU and CLS students. I've had this discussion with some CLS 1Ls, and that seems to be our opinion on it.

kwais

Gold

Post by kwais » Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:26 pm

birdlaw117 wrote:
kwais wrote:I think if you are choosing b/n studying and joining clubs (which it appears that OP is doing), then you are doing it wrong. I'm in a handful of clubs, and they are a great way to take a break, do something interesting that is not civ pro, eat free food and meet people. Does OP really go to NYU? If so I think that's hilarious. When I was looking at NYC schools, everyone said that NYU was so much more fun or chill or something (as compared to CLS). Looks like that turned out to be false.
I'm at NYU and I have no idea what OP is talking about. Also, I'm not entirely sure what OP is including in "clubs". Does that include all the various PI organizations/intramural sports/other random clubs? I really don't know.

On that note, I don't really think there is a difference between NYU and CLS students. I've had this discussion with some CLS 1Ls, and that seems to be our opinion on it.
I'm inclined to agree

Renne Walker

Silver

Post by Renne Walker » Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:21 pm

birdlaw117 wrote: I'm not entirely sure what OP is including in "clubs". Does that include all the various PI organizations/intramural sports/other random clubs? I really don't know.
Neither do I. I heard a couple times that club participation was way down and that some clubs have no 1L involvement. A club president joked, “what did they say in orientation to scare the hell out of everyone.” That is the extent of what I heard.

If 38% (the end result of this survey) of non-participation is high or normal, no idea.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Bildungsroman

Platinum

Post by Bildungsroman » Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:24 pm

Renne Walker wrote:
birdlaw117 wrote: I'm not entirely sure what OP is including in "clubs". Does that include all the various PI organizations/intramural sports/other random clubs? I really don't know.
Neither do I. I heard a couple times that club participation was way down and that some clubs have no 1L involvement. A club president joked, “what did they say in orientation to scare the hell out of everyone.” That is the extent of what I heard.

If 38% (the end result of this survey) of non-participation is high or normal, no idea.
Okay, stop fucking deleting this post and then resubmitting it. I'm tired of this thread appearing at the top of my recent posts page.

Grizz

Diamond

Post by Grizz » Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:51 pm

Renne Walker wrote:

Stop making retarded polls.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”