HLS Latin Honors Forum

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
Problemsolving

New

HLS Latin Honors

Post by Problemsolving » Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:37 am

Does anyone know what the GPA cutoffs for latin honors at HLS were this past year? I believe the class of 2011 was the first class to have 3 years of the DS/H/P/LP system. It would be interesting to see how that translates into latin honors. Thanks!

WhatWouldHolmesDo?

New

Re: HLS Latin Honors

Post by WhatWouldHolmesDo? » Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:50 am

Problemsolving wrote:Does anyone know what the GPA cutoffs for latin honors at HLS were this past year? I believe the class of 2011 was the first class to have 3 years of the DS/H/P/LP system. It would be interesting to see how that translates into latin honors. Thanks!
There's no cut-off except for summa cum laude, which has a cut-off of 4.75. Might as well just call it valedictorian, as it requires almost entirely DS'es. The site even explicitly explains what happens in the event that no one qualifies for summa - it goes to the highest GPA in the class.

Magna cum laude is top 10%. Cum laude goes to the next 30%.

--LinkRemoved--

Problemsolving

New

Post by Problemsolving » Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:40 pm

Oh, sorry about being unclear. I was wondering if anyone knew what GPA corresponds to top 10%, top 30% for the class that just graduated this year. I was hoping someone would post who was magna, or cum laude and he or she could state his or her GPA, so we'd get a better idea of what it takes to get latin honors. Thanks.

WhatWouldHolmesDo?

New

Post by WhatWouldHolmesDo? » Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:55 am

Problemsolving wrote:Oh, sorry about being unclear. I was wondering if anyone knew what GPA corresponds to top 10%, top 30% for the class that just graduated this year. I was hoping someone would post who was magna, or cum laude and he or she could state his or her GPA, so we'd get a better idea of what it takes to get latin honors. Thanks.
Oh, good question. Not sure they publish it.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”