Whittier Law School Forum

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
billyez

Silver

Re: Whittier Law School

Post by billyez » Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:16 pm

No, it won't.

Can I note with some irony how the discussion has morphed into something the OP may not have expected or wanted?

SilverE2

Silver

Post by SilverE2 » Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:54 am

GueritaPeloChino wrote:
SilverE2 wrote:
GueritaPeloChino wrote:Thanks to TLS, waiting another year has finally dawned as a possibility for me. I see a lot of you are telling me to take the October LSAT, but I'm not sure if 7 weeks will be enough to raise my score into the mid 160s. I have to be realistic, will this be enough time? And how big a disadvantage will I be at if I wait until the December LSAT to reapply?
Sign up for October if you think you will score decently. If you need one more retake, once your apps are in, you can sign up for a December LSAT. It will neither put you at an advantage nor a disadvantage.

Also, welcome to TLS. Let this website guide you through the law school admissions process, familiarize yourself with the search function, and you will be pleased with your result next summer.
Big Thank You. I know, I wish I would have found TLS before I even began my journey.

About retaking the LSAT- Saying I do follow through with the October LSAT and contemplate retaking, it won't look bad taking it for a third time 2 months later?
It's fine if your scores go up. All the schools care about is a higher score to report.

Also, your best bet will probably be to sign up for October. You can cancel last moment if you're not ready. But I would take October, and then if you feel like you might not have done great, sign up for December right after the exam. Your applications should be in by then, and all schools will be waiting for is your December score, and they will wait if you tell them to.

I took an extra year off, similar situation to you. I took the LSAT 4 times, cancel, 166, 168, 169 (after taking another year off because I wasn't happy with my cycle with the 168). I took the LSAT the 4th time in December. One point, one measly point, made all of the difference in the world. With my 168 I was looking at GW at sticker, now I'm attending Vandy with a scholarship. Waiting a year, even for one point, is the best decision I ever made. And retaking in December and applying late didn't hurt my cycle one bit.

GueritaPeloChino

New

Post by GueritaPeloChino » Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:32 pm

SilverE2 wrote:
GueritaPeloChino wrote:
SilverE2 wrote:
GueritaPeloChino wrote:Thanks to TLS, waiting another year has finally dawned as a possibility for me. I see a lot of you are telling me to take the October LSAT, but I'm not sure if 7 weeks will be enough to raise my score into the mid 160s. I have to be realistic, will this be enough time? And how big a disadvantage will I be at if I wait until the December LSAT to reapply?
Sign up for October if you think you will score decently. If you need one more retake, once your apps are in, you can sign up for a December LSAT. It will neither put you at an advantage nor a disadvantage.

Also, welcome to TLS. Let this website guide you through the law school admissions process, familiarize yourself with the search function, and you will be pleased with your result next summer.
Big Thank You. I know, I wish I would have found TLS before I even began my journey.

About retaking the LSAT- Saying I do follow through with the October LSAT and contemplate retaking, it won't look bad taking it for a third time 2 months later?
It's fine if your scores go up. All the schools care about is a higher score to report.

Also, your best bet will probably be to sign up for October. You can cancel last moment if you're not ready. But I would take October, and then if you feel like you might not have done great, sign up for December right after the exam. Your applications should be in by then, and all schools will be waiting for is your December score, and they will wait if you tell them to.

I took an extra year off, similar situation to you. I took the LSAT 4 times, cancel, 166, 168, 169 (after taking another year off because I wasn't happy with my cycle with the 168). I took the LSAT the 4th time in December. One point, one measly point, made all of the difference in the world. With my 168 I was looking at GW at sticker, now I'm attending Vandy with a scholarship. Waiting a year, even for one point, is the best decision I ever made. And retaking in December and applying late didn't hurt my cycle one bit.
Hey, thanks very much! I'm wondering, what does the stipulation on your Vandy scholarship look like? And btw, Congrats!

hexyz

New

Post by hexyz » Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:41 pm

I voluntarily dropped out of Whittier Law School, and life has been great. The debt and the economy are what made me drop out. I began in the Fall '10 semester, and dropped that very same semester.

I'm now close to finishing an MS in Computer Science, and I love it. Law school was not for me, as I am not used to the type of reasoning that tends to dominate the legal profession. Oh well, call me a computer and math geek all you want, at least I'll be making big bucks.

Whittier Law School staff, faculty, and their students exhibit a cult-like mentality because even with a horrific legal market, employees at Whittier Law School are under the assumption that all Whittier Law School grads will get a job once they complete their 3 years, and pass the bar.

That is not the case, as many examples throughout the internet show. Why does Whittier Law School pretend its grads will get a job and be able to pay of the debt? How the hell should I know?

Whittier Law is in a horrible location, and graduates from this school compete with Chapman Law grads in OC, and with grads from every other law school in Southern Cali.

Also, the professors are not as friendly as you'd think.

I had one legal writing professor, whom I won't identity by name, explicitly tell me that she didn't have to give any A's even if students received top scores. This prick was content with all students in her legal writing courses receiving Cs. Why did she tell me this? Maybe to tell me that the law is not for me, and neither is the debt.

All the students are ultra-competitive and annoying, and they, too, act as if kissing the professors' asses will give them a leg up on the competition and the grading. I've met some of the most pathetic people in law school, to include professors.

I'm going to be real about a few things:

Friendly staff and friendly professors won't help you get a job. Small classes and lots of attention from professors won't help you get a job. The only thing that will help you get a job is the school's reputation and name. Whittier Law School's reputation and name are shit -- believe it!

Don't make the mistake of attending Whittier Law School because you couldn't score higher on the LSAT. Study for it, and get a great score to attend decent school.

Computer Science is great, and dropping out of law school was the best thing I've ever done aside from hooking up with tons of chicks and doing them in the pooper. :)

Also, WLS will not make it easy for you to transfer to a more prestigious school. The curve is ridiculously difficult because the school sucks so bad, it must appear to be strict in grading or lose its accreditation.

Half of the first year people who get dropped from Whittier Law School do so because WLS means to drop that number of people automatically.

p.s. If my writing sucks, it's because I'm a computer and math geek. Don't make fun of me or I'll give you Calculus problems. Law students suck at math. ;-)

hexyz

New

Post by hexyz » Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:47 pm

Another horrible thing about Whittier Law School is the library.

Whittier Law School's library is really bad when you consider the fact that law students spend a great portion of their time reading books, and reading in the library.

The faculty at WLS often times encouraged their students to visit other law schools because their libraries are a lot better than what Whittier has to offer.

Also, there is nothing to do on the Whittier Law School campus or near the school that does not involve studying the law.

If you want to have fun, plan to get in your car and drive to a fun place.

Whittier Law School is as boring as some of the faculties' sex and dating lives.

This school is a giant scam.

Further, look up a website titled "Whittier Gate" to gain a much more cynical perspective on Whittier Law School.

Prepare to have your mind blown.

That is all. I'll post more things about Whittier Law School as I remember them.
Cheers.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

LoisTurner

New

Post by LoisTurner » Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:18 pm

So it's not really any more witty than other law schools? Bummer.

romothesavior

Diamond

Post by romothesavior » Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:34 pm

LoisTurner wrote:So it's not really any more witty than other law schools? Bummer.
lolwut

Aqualibrium

Gold

Post by Aqualibrium » Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:41 pm

romothesavior wrote:
LoisTurner wrote:So it's not really any more witty than other law schools? Bummer.
lolwut
I lol'd

hexyz

New

Post by hexyz » Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:47 am

Wow! You joined this forum to make one post on a WLS thread.

Rhetorical question is rhetorical.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”