Queen's University Canada Forum

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
Law Girl26

New

Queen's University Canada

Post by Law Girl26 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:08 pm

Hi everyone.

I'm thinking about completing my J.D at Queen's University in Canada (I'm going to be practising in Canada) and it boasts an "international reputation". I was just wondering if anyone has heard of it, and for those of you who have if it has a good rep in the States?

Thanks in advance. :)

7ED

Bronze

Re: Queen's University Canada

Post by 7ED » Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:17 pm

If you want to practice in the states, go to a school in the states. (U of T might be the exception, but considering the legal market right now.. don't count on it.)

Queens is a perfectly decent school. You should be fine there as long as you do somewhat well. :D

jms2788

New

Re: Queen's University Canada

Post by jms2788 » Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:23 pm

Queen's has a good overall reputation, but like the poster above said, if you are even considering working in the US, Toronto all the way if you insist on a Canadian school, otherwise go to the US. If you want to stay in Canada and looking at schools in Ontario(which I assume since you're talking about Queen's), look at Osgoode Hall in addition to U of T.

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”