USC 1L Taking Questions Forum

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
ambrajdurbra131313

New

Re: USC 1L Taking Questions

Post by ambrajdurbra131313 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:37 pm

Mr_Chukes wrote:Yo yo yo yo, how is the social life at SC? Do people have time to check out LA?
Plenty of time to check out LA- When I was 1L, I never felt like I didn't have time to go have fun/hardly ever worked on the weekend. I wasn't super into bar review, but there were multiple groups of people who went to them each week. To that end, your social life can be whatever you want- bar review is a good way to hangout with different people (especially in the beginning), some people get super close with their small section, get into study groups, or always meet with people at tailgates before the football games

Mr_Chukes

Silver

Post by Mr_Chukes » Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:47 pm

ambrajdurbra131313 wrote:
Mr_Chukes wrote:Yo yo yo yo, how is the social life at SC? Do people have time to check out LA?
Plenty of time to check out LA- When I was 1L, I never felt like I didn't have time to go have fun/hardly ever worked on the weekend. I wasn't super into bar review, but there were multiple groups of people who went to them each week. To that end, your social life can be whatever you want- bar review is a good way to hangout with different people (especially in the beginning), some people get super close with their small section, get into study groups, or always meet with people at tailgates before the football games
Thank you for replying so fast! That's cool that people get close.

C La

New

Post by C La » Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:15 pm

Arelikefoxes wrote:
ku1185 wrote: Specifically, I'm very interested in the Intellectual Property and Technology clinic (that kind of work is what I'm going to law school for).
The FE exam tests basic engineering understanding, but has some really good test prep books out there. However, the catch is that nearly all states require either the equivalent of a BS in engineering in terms of classes, or 3-7 years experience working in an engineering capacity. The one state that doesn't is Michigan, which has NO prerequisites to sit on the FE exam. If you pass, though, there is reciprocity with all states, so you are then considered qualified to take the patent bar in state. So, if you have a desire to take that test, are good at standardized tests (which I presume you are) and think you can learn engineering from a book, it will cost you a flight to Michigan.
LOL at attempting the FE without studying engineering. You realize the passage rates are similar to that of the bar, right? Like 70%? So equivalently you would recommend sitting for the bar as a 0L, if a state allowed it, as a way to get into a field of interest? Can some fellow engineers chime in and help me out, here. Disclaimer, I have not sat for the FE.

Mr_Chukes

Silver

Post by Mr_Chukes » Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:18 am

Anyone know how to fix not being able to get into FAST?

I used my email that I applied with and I never got the confirmation email. I retried it a bunch of times and still never got the email. I tried another email account and got the email. The problem is the other email account isn't connected to my application. I cannot see my financial aid summery even though it is available. I've called the head of financial aid and she has not been able to help me.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”