Toledo Law question Forum

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
inna

New

Toledo Law question

Post by inna » Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:37 pm

Would it be better to get an apartment that is close.. so I can walk to class..

or would it be better to live at a distance (because of the area) and drive to class?

midwestls

New

Re: Toledo Law question

Post by midwestls » Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:17 pm

Parking's a nightmare, so there's a lot to be said for walking.

There are plenty of places you can walk from without any safety concerns you wouldn't have on any semi-urban college campus neighborhood.

fatpeopleavenger

Bronze

Post by fatpeopleavenger » Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:37 pm

Can anyone tell me more about Toledo Law school? I've read that Toledo has dropped in the rankings immensely the last few years and is on a complete decline. Why is this? I've recently applied and somewhat interested in the school.

midwestls

New

Post by midwestls » Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:04 pm

Toledo gamed the ranking system by forcing its weakest students into their part-time program for the first semester of 1L year. This made their "full-time" students look much better by raising the overall LSAT, etc. The rankings have since been adjusted to take part-time numbers into account in the overall picture, and this killed their ranking.

Add in the fact that the Toledo legal market has been brutal since 2008 and it's been a very rough tide for UT.

fatpeopleavenger

Bronze

Post by fatpeopleavenger » Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:38 pm

midwestls wrote:Toledo gamed the ranking system by forcing its weakest students into their part-time program for the first semester of 1L year. This made their "full-time" students look much better by raising the overall LSAT, etc. The rankings have since been adjusted to take part-time numbers into account in the overall picture, and this killed their ranking.

Add in the fact that the Toledo legal market has been brutal since 2008 and it's been a very rough tide for UT.
Do you think they could be in the ups soon again and regain their T2 status or are they going to stay in T4 for awhile? I know they dropped from TTT to TTTT within last year

midwestls

New

Post by midwestls » Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:33 pm

They're never going to be T2 again IMO. It was an aberration that only happened because they gamed the system.

I expect they'll be T3 again shortly. There was a lot of backlash from faculty and students when they dropped into the fourth tier.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”