San Diego? Forum

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
ngmnarrroXX!

New

San Diego?

Post by ngmnarrroXX! » Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:43 pm

This post is meant to inform prospective law students thinking about going to USD.
I graduated from law school, the school I went to was USD.
I chose to go to USD Law because I thought it was a prestigous and highly ranked school; basically, chose to go there because of what I thought other people would think.
USD was great in many ways. The campus was great to look at, the student body was super smart and talented, and some of the professors were solid. The San Diego area has great weather and is close to other places too.
So why do I not recommend USD for prospective students even though I went there and graduated?
It costs way too much for what you get and I just cannot imagine anyone outside of the top 10 to 15% in terms of GPA getting paid enough. So beware, if you are a person thinking of going to law school, be wise in your decision making. unless you get a scholarship USD Law may not be the right choice for you.

Great Satchmo

Silver

Re: San Diego?

Post by Great Satchmo » Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:30 pm

I was admitted to USD ($15,000 once) and Cal Western (full ride), and although I chose neither school, for my own curiosity and others' information:

Do you feel that USD is worth it over Cal Western if the scholarship is substantial enough?

Does the job market in San Diego, if you went to school there, really care that much between schools like USD and Cal Western, assuming strong standing?

holmesone

New

Post by holmesone » Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:15 pm

I agree with you ngnmnarrroXX!

I was very unhappy in San Diego and would not recommend USD Law in any way.

imbored25

Bronze

Post by imbored25 » Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:22 am

is it good for anywhere outside cali, or even southern cali for that matter?

lawchampion

Bronze

Post by lawchampion » Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:35 am

holmesone wrote:I agree with you ngnmnarrroXX!

I was very unhappy in San Diego and would not recommend USD Law in any way.
True

Corsair

Gold

Post by Corsair » Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:57 am

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”