Missing Classes Question Forum

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
SavvyMac

New

Missing Classes Question

Post by SavvyMac » Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:37 pm

Hi,

I'm going to be a 1L this fall (not sure where, haven't heard from all the schools I applied to yet) and I have a question about what happens when you miss classes. A friend of mine is getting married labor day weekend and I would need to take off the Friday before. With it being my first year in law school and so early in the year I was wondering what current students advice would be on the subject. Would it be that big of a deal to miss one day that early? Will I be setting myself up for a bad reputation with my professors?

vanwinkle

Platinum

Re: Missing Classes Question

Post by vanwinkle » Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:40 pm

It depends on the school you're going to. In the T14 they just yell at you. T2s revoke your scholarship. Some of the TTT schools have you drawn and quartered in front of the town hall as an example to others. At Cooley they assume you came to your senses and dropped out.

ggocat

Gold

Re: Missing Classes Question

Post by ggocat » Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:42 pm

SavvyMac wrote:Would it be that big of a deal to miss one day that early? Will I be setting myself up for a bad reputation with my professors?
Probably no and no. But of course you would need to make this assessment after you know your own professors.

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”