Nebraska Forum

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
citrus2010

New

Nebraska

Post by citrus2010 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:45 pm

OK. What's the deal with Nebraska law? Their T3 status scares me off a bit (my only other option is low T2), their LOW median salary is also scary, but people have told me it should be higher ranked and isn't a bad school.

Where should it rank (in your opinion)?

deadpanic

Silver

Re: Nebraska

Post by deadpanic » Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:03 pm

Will it really matter if you attend Nebraska if it is a T3 or a T2?

Only go there if you want to practice law in Nebraska.

Mellojello7

New

Post by Mellojello7 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:09 pm

Nebraska "should" be in the 70's.

+1 to deadpanic.

darknightbegins

Silver

Post by darknightbegins » Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:05 am

Nebraska has been in the 60s and 70s for years and should return there for the upcoming rankings. As for salary, you need to balance alot of things against starting salary....

Cost of living

Cost of Tuition

Expected student debt

Type of law you expect to practice and the expected salary in these fields.

If you can get in state tuition at Nebraska its pretty dirt cheap. If you are making 50-60K a year but your debt is 60-75K and the cost of living is low you are in a financially safer position then if you are making 80-100K a year, debt is 180-200K and cost of living is NYC or Washington D.C. high.

Nebraska is an alright school. Its a decent midwest school and if you build up a rep in the state you can probably transfer without a huge amount of trouble throughout the midwest. Just don't plan on working in LA or New York unless you have major connections.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”