Post-graduation clerkship interview with district judge for August 2023 Forum

(Seek and share information about clerkship applications, clerkship hiring timelines, and post-clerkship employment opportunities)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about clerkship applications and clerkship hiring. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Anonymous User

Post-graduation clerkship interview with district judge for August 2023

Post by Anonymous User » Sun May 07, 2023 11:27 pm

I posted this earlier with way too many details, so I'm going to try it again with more brevity.

Basically I'm currently clerking and am interviewing remotely for a district judge soon for a position starting in August. Two hours with the career clerk and the judge.

I haven't been able to find any info on the judge since he's a new appointee. What should I prepare for? This will be my first post-graduation clerkship interview.

Anonymous User

Re: Post-graduation clerkship interview with district judge for August 2023

Post by Anonymous User » Mon May 08, 2023 1:55 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Sun May 07, 2023 11:27 pm
I posted this earlier with way too many details, so I'm going to try it again with more brevity.

Basically I'm currently clerking and am interviewing remotely for a district judge soon for a position starting in August. Two hours with the career clerk and the judge.

I haven't been able to find any info on the judge since he's a new appointee. What should I prepare for? This will be my first post-graduation clerkship interview.
If you are already clerking, you kind of know the deal already. I would come to the interview prepared to discuss why you want to clerk for the judge (what about their background appeals to you?), why you want to clerk in the court (anything special about the docket? is that where you want to start your career?), and be familiar with their recent opinions. More likely than not, this interview will be about you -- your interests, philosophy, goals, etc. Or it could be completely conversational.

Good luck!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Judicial Clerkships”