Interview Follow-Up? Forum

(Seek and share information about clerkship applications, clerkship hiring timelines, and post-clerkship employment opportunities)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about clerkship applications and clerkship hiring. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Anonymous User

Interview Follow-Up?

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Apr 25, 2023 6:02 pm

I understand that the general advice is to never contact chambers after an interview to follow up on your status unless you have a very good reason. The typical example is another job offer.

I interviewed with an off-plan judge who is hiring for a position beginning this year. Taking the clerkship would require me to move to another city (which I'm happy to do). The judge gave me an estimated timeline for receiving a decision; that timeline would have resulted in a decision last week.

Normally, I'd have no trouble waiting. I understand that chambers are very busy and the last thing I want to do is inconvenience the judge and her staff. However, my lease expires in about a month, and I have to sign a new one ASAP. I hope to hear back as soon as possible so that I know whether to sign a lease in either City A (where I currently live) or City B (where the clerkship is). Is this a valid reason to follow up? Or should I wait longer?

Anonymous User

Re: Interview Follow-Up?

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Apr 25, 2023 9:47 pm

Definetly follow up. It won't hurt.

Lurker08743

New

Re: Interview Follow-Up?

Post by Lurker08743 » Wed Apr 26, 2023 11:53 am

Yeah in my chambers, we’d think it was perfectly appropriate to reach out in this scenario.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Judicial Clerkships”