Professor choice for LOR Forum

(Seek and share information about clerkship applications, clerkship hiring timelines, and post-clerkship employment opportunities)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about clerkship applications and clerkship hiring. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Anonymous User

Professor choice for LOR

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Mar 09, 2023 4:33 pm

Are there any resources/threads out there highlighting the best profs for LOR at various schools (notoriously good LOR/well connected/well respected/willingness to call/etc)?

I kinda expected it to be a bit of a "wisdom of the crowds" situation but that wisdom seems to have passed up my immediate group of friends cuz we are all confused as hell.

Anonymous User

Re: Professor choice for LOR

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Mar 09, 2023 4:42 pm

I don't think there is a list, but if you were specific to school I'm sure someone in this thread would help you. Also, I'm sure you know this, but often (although, admittedly, not always) the well-connected and willingness to call Professors will let you know they want to pitch you to someone. In my experience it's rare that you are the one pushing those professors to call. I say this because if at this point you're a 2L and are applying on plan its going to be more playing with the cards you have now and not searching out that connected professor for a rec.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Mar 09, 2023 4:53 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Thu Mar 09, 2023 4:42 pm
I don't think there is a list, but if you were specific to school I'm sure someone in this thread would help you. Also, I'm sure you know this, but often (although, admittedly, not always) the well-connected and willingness to call Professors will let you know they want to pitch you to someone. In my experience it's rare that you are the one pushing those professors to call. I say this because if at this point you're a 2L and are applying on plan its going to be more playing with the cards you have now and not searching out that connected professor for a rec.
School is Harvard!

But hm interesting though on the calls front, the advice I always see here is that you should at least ask for calls because the worst thing they can do is say no

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Mar 09, 2023 5:11 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Thu Mar 09, 2023 4:53 pm
Anonymous User wrote:
School is Harvard!

But hm interesting though on the calls front, the advice I always see here is that you should at least ask for calls because the worst thing they can do is say no
Person you're replying too. My bad, I didn't intend for it to come off like that. I more meant like at this point you're probably not going to like be able to seek out and convince a certain Professor to really push for you—at this point they have probably decided (although, again, not necessarily all of them!). Definitely definitely still ask everyone to call.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Mar 09, 2023 5:29 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Thu Mar 09, 2023 5:11 pm
Anonymous User wrote:
Thu Mar 09, 2023 4:53 pm
Anonymous User wrote:
School is Harvard!

Person you're replying too. My bad, I didn't intend for it to come off like that. I more meant like at this point you're probably not going to like be able to seek out and convince a certain Professor to really push for you—at this point they have probably decided (although, again, not necessarily all of them!). Definitely definitely still ask everyone to call.
Oh I'm a 1L still trying to figure my shit out -- just finally starting to seriously reflect on clerkships (probably a little late)

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Judicial Clerkships”