Putting Note Publication in Resume? Forum

(Seek and share information about clerkship applications, clerkship hiring timelines, and post-clerkship employment opportunities)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about clerkship applications and clerkship hiring. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Anonymous User

Putting Note Publication in Resume?

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Mar 03, 2023 11:48 am

If my Note was accepted should I put something in my resume that says publications and then under it my Note title and (forthcoming 2023) or is that cringey. I figure it would make sense to do that kind of thing for an actual article, but maybe not a Note? This forum mentions often that publishing a Note can be a small boost so I figure you have to indicate it somewhere right? I don't really want to use it as a writing sample because I have better, smaller, and more practice-oriented ones.

Anonymous User

Re: Putting Note Publication in Resume?

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Mar 03, 2023 12:15 pm

Yes, I would. I’ve seen this fairly often when reviewing clerk applications and never thought it was cringey.

nixy

Gold

Post by nixy » Fri Mar 03, 2023 12:23 pm

Absolutely put it in your resume. That’s what a resume is for.

Blasting it on LinkedIn would be kinda cringey, or prefacing all your comments going forward with “well, as a published author…” or something equally ridiculous. But putting it on your resume is fine.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Mar 03, 2023 12:28 pm

nixy wrote:
Fri Mar 03, 2023 12:23 pm

Blasting it on LinkedIn would be kinda cringey, or prefacing all your comments going forward with “well, as a published author…” or something equally ridiculous. But putting it on your resume is fine.
Where would I put it? Maybe at the bottom where my interests are and a separate line that says "publications"

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Mar 03, 2023 12:32 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Fri Mar 03, 2023 12:28 pm
nixy wrote:
Fri Mar 03, 2023 12:23 pm

Where would I put it? Maybe at the bottom where my interests are and a separate line that says "publications"
I would just put it with your education as a subheading (Honors: ... Publications: .... Activities: ....)

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Mar 05, 2023 2:32 am

Disclosure: not a clerk. I have my published note on my resume and have never received anything but positive feedback on that. I list it with activities in education immediately under my journal bullet. So like something like the below
- Activities
Journal of xyz, Position
Note, Article Name + citation [before it was actually published just listed as forthcoming]

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Judicial Clerkships”