Do all Art3 Clerkships Require Recs? Forum

(Seek and share information about clerkship applications, clerkship hiring timelines, and post-clerkship employment opportunities)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about clerkship applications and clerkship hiring. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Anonymous User

Do all Art3 Clerkships Require Recs?

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jan 20, 2023 9:12 pm

I'm a former YHS student who sort of coasted through law school and would not really be able to get a good letter of rec from professors. Are there any judges who don't require recs, or who do not care about them?

Anonymous User

Re: Do all Art3 Clerkships Require Recs?

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jan 20, 2023 9:35 pm

If you're not looking for feeder level stuff, just email some Professors you sort of know or got good grades and see if you can scrounge together two recs. They don't need to be stellar.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jan 20, 2023 10:59 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 9:35 pm
If you're not looking for feeder level stuff, just email some Professors you sort of know or got good grades and see if you can scrounge together two recs. They don't need to be stellar.
This is correct, because I don’t think there any judges who don’t ask for LORs.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Jan 21, 2023 4:00 pm

Clerkship recs aren't like undergrad or law school recs, yeah it's best to know the prof well but plenty of people barely know their writers beyond getting As in their classes. I was in that camp and landed very good clerkships.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Judicial Clerkships”