When to Reach Back Out? Forum

(Seek and share information about clerkship applications, clerkship hiring timelines, and post-clerkship employment opportunities)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about clerkship applications and clerkship hiring. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Anonymous User

When to Reach Back Out?

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Dec 29, 2022 3:57 pm

I had an interview with a judge in December, and she told me I should hear back by December 16. I’ve still heard nothing, which strikes me as a bad sign, but I was wondering what the etiquette for asking for an update is. Is it better just to wait and assume prolonged silence means no? Thanks for any advice!

Anonymous User

Re: When to Reach Back Out?

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Dec 29, 2022 4:01 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Thu Dec 29, 2022 3:57 pm
I had an interview with a judge in December, and she told me I should hear back by December 16. I’ve still heard nothing, which strikes me as a bad sign, but I was wondering what the etiquette for asking for an update is. Is it better just to wait and assume prolonged silence means no? Thanks for any advice!
I would not reach out unless you had an important update to share or had an interview from another judge.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Dec 29, 2022 4:38 pm

It's kind of an awkward time at this point as some people may stop working from like December 20 until the New Year so conceivably they may get back to you in early January. I wouldn't reach out this soon to "check in." If you're still in law school and your grades have not come out yet, you could potentially use the release of grades to "update" (i.e., check in) with the judge though.

crazywafflez

Silver

Post by crazywafflez » Thu Dec 29, 2022 4:55 pm

I agree with the others unless there is a change in app. I think the second week of January is a better time to do a check in email.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Judicial Clerkships”