Biglaw salary post-clerkship Forum

(Seek and share information about clerkship applications, clerkship hiring timelines, and post-clerkship employment opportunities)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about clerkship applications and clerkship hiring. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
rchrls2

New

Biglaw salary post-clerkship

Post by rchrls2 » Tue Sep 06, 2022 10:00 pm

If you clerk right after law school and then go into biglaw, I understand you are considered a second year. If the clerkship was August to August, and then you start at the firm in September, do you make the second year salary starting in September? Or do class salary increases happen in January?

Anonymous User

Re: Biglaw salary post-clerkship

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 06, 2022 10:23 pm

rchrls2 wrote:
Tue Sep 06, 2022 10:00 pm
If you clerk right after law school and then go into biglaw, I understand you are considered a second year. If the clerkship was August to August, and then you start at the firm in September, do you make the second year salary starting in September? Or do class salary increases happen in January?
January

Anonymous User

Re: Biglaw salary post-clerkship

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 07, 2022 7:36 am

You just fast forward one year, so you're a stub first year. Thus, if biglaw firms go back to that DPW thing with separate salary for stub years you'll get the first year salary not the stub salary for those first three months. I also think you'll get a pro-rated first year bonus at the end, but not sure about that so someone with more knowledge should confirm.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Judicial Clerkships”