OSCAR and LOR Upload Forum

(Seek and share information about clerkship applications, clerkship hiring timelines, and post-clerkship employment opportunities)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about clerkship applications and clerkship hiring. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Anonymous User

OSCAR and LOR Upload

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 01, 2022 5:00 pm

One of my Professors is great and I'm sure wrote a great letter of recommendation, but he is kind of old fashioned and likes to individually upload letters on OSCAR after I submit my application. However, he tends to take a bit to upload his letters—like 1-2 weeks—and I'm just applying as new positions pop up (I'm a 3L that struck out during 2L). So what is happening is I finalize my application without the letter on OSCAR and then eventually it gets uploaded. I'm starting to wonder if it is a possibility though that the judge/clerks are looking at my app and tossing it because it is missing a letter and maybe I should just like compile a list of judges I'm applying to monthly and then send all at once so the letter is uploaded closer to the date of finalization?

Or, hopefully, I'm overthinking this and Judges won't toss apps for a missing LOR.

Anonymous User

Re: OSCAR and LOR Upload

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 02, 2022 2:17 pm

Probably pretty idiosyncratic. In my chambers, if we really liked someone we'd wait a few days. If it still didn't come in, we'd email the professor or school's clerkship coordinator.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 02, 2022 4:42 pm

OP here. After fiddling around with OSCAR, it appears I can maybe have my posting upload LORs, before finalizing? I.e., my Prof gets the notice, but the app isn't finalized yet for the judge? Could someone confirm this is a possibility?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Sep 03, 2022 9:51 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Fri Sep 02, 2022 4:42 pm
OP here. After fiddling around with OSCAR, it appears I can maybe have my posting upload LORs, before finalizing? I.e., my Prof gets the notice, but the app isn't finalized yet for the judge? Could someone confirm this is a possibility?
Yes, this is how it works!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Judicial Clerkships”