When do you apply for COA (non-conservative) clerkships? Forum

(Seek and share information about clerkship applications, clerkship hiring timelines, and post-clerkship employment opportunities)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about clerkship applications and clerkship hiring. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Anonymous User

When do you apply for COA (non-conservative) clerkships?

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jul 27, 2022 9:02 pm

Rising 2L at UVA. Interested in COA (any circuit I could get) or USDC in LA or NY. When do I start networking and applying for those (mainly interested in moderate/left-leaning judges but open)? I know many like to see work experience, but do they still hire at a certain point for a future term with the understanding that I'd work at a firm first? If so, when is that point?

Anonymous User

Re: When do you apply for COA (non-conservative) clerkships?

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jul 27, 2022 9:07 pm

Mostly on plan so that is going to be in June of 2023

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jul 27, 2022 9:13 pm

Non-feeder liberals are almost universally on plan, so you've got to wait until after 2L.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Aug 04, 2022 5:39 pm

I applied to almost every circuit judge via snail mail, both in the fall and spring of 2L. I interviewed and accepted shortly before summer jobs began. None of my interview offers were from notably conservative judges, but that's debatable depending on what you mean by "non-conservative."

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Judicial Clerkships”