How Often to Worry About Clerkships After Striking Out Forum

(Seek and share information about clerkship applications, clerkship hiring timelines, and post-clerkship employment opportunities)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about clerkship applications and clerkship hiring. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Anonymous User

How Often to Worry About Clerkships After Striking Out

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jul 20, 2022 3:48 pm

I struck out on plan and now am applying off plan. I think I am getting a little unhealthy obsessesed with my frantic checking of OSCAR/other chamber updates so I am thinking of setting up a system where I only look for clerkships on like a Wednesday for my mental health. Before I did this, though, I wanted to make sure that off-plan postings don't typically move mega fast. Also, for those who struck out and applied off plan how often did you think about clerkships/OSCAR?

Anonymous User

Re: How Often to Worry About Clerkships After Striking Out

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jul 20, 2022 5:38 pm

I checked probably almost every day for new posting. But I didn't see it as an unhealthy thing. It took like 1 minute out of my day to check and see what was new. I'm glad I did because I applied for a clerkship the day it went up and the next day, got a call to interview with the judge. Did the interview less than a week later and accepted the offer the day after the interview. So it can move kind of fast.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jul 20, 2022 6:21 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Wed Jul 20, 2022 5:38 pm
I checked probably almost every day for new posting. But I didn't see it as an unhealthy thing. It took like 1 minute out of my day to check and see what was new. I'm glad I did because I applied for a clerkship the day it went up and the next day, got a call to interview with the judge. Did the interview less than a week later and accepted the offer the day after the interview. So it can move kind of fast.
Damn, was not what I was hoping to here. On the other hand, good to know that checking daily isn't necessarily "obsessive." Maybe I should just say like 5:00 PM M-F I'll give a quick browse.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jul 20, 2022 8:15 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Wed Jul 20, 2022 6:21 pm
Anonymous User wrote:
Damn, was not what I was hoping to here. On the other hand, good to know that checking daily isn't necessarily "obsessive." Maybe I should just say like 5:00 PM M-F I'll give a quick browse.
Same anon as above. I will say you could for sure just take a break from in between now and September if it's stressing you our needlessly. On the parameters of my OSCAR search, which was fairly broad, there were maybe between 3 and 5 postings a week? They sort of picked back up in the fall which is when I got mine.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jul 21, 2022 1:12 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Wed Jul 20, 2022 8:15 pm
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Same anon as above. I will say you could for sure just take a break from in between now and September if it's stressing you our needlessly. On the parameters of my OSCAR search, which was fairly broad, there were maybe between 3 and 5 postings a week? They sort of picked back up in the fall which is when I got mine.
Thanks, will take a break until September

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jul 22, 2022 8:40 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Thu Jul 21, 2022 1:12 pm
Anonymous User wrote:
Wed Jul 20, 2022 8:15 pm
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Thanks, will take a break until September
Take a break, and in the meantime lean on your contacts and see if they know anyone who will talk to you outside of the OSCAR process. You don't need to stop looking entirely.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Judicial Clerkships”