Biden CA2 Judges Forum

(Seek and share information about clerkship applications, clerkship hiring timelines, and post-clerkship employment opportunities)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about clerkship applications and clerkship hiring. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Anonymous User

Re: Biden CA2 Judges

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jul 22, 2022 7:28 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Thu Jul 21, 2022 11:31 pm
Perez is doing a very elaborate remodel of her chambers that’s rubbed people the wrong way. She seems very competent but very demanding.
That’s pretty typical. How fussy are clerks in CA2? Who cares if she remodels her chambers?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jul 22, 2022 11:42 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Fri Jul 22, 2022 7:28 am
Anonymous User wrote:
Perez is doing a very elaborate remodel of her chambers that’s rubbed people the wrong way. She seems very competent but very demanding.
That’s pretty typical. How fussy are clerks in CA2? Who cares if she remodels her chambers?
This is not a typical remodel, which would be fine and standard, and it’s using taxpayer funds. I think you can imagine why that would upset your colleagues.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jul 22, 2022 11:52 am

I mean if it's tax-payer funded then ...all of us should care?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jul 22, 2022 2:32 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Fri Jul 22, 2022 11:52 am
I mean if it's tax-payer funded then ...all of us should care?
Everyone gets the same budget. Generally it covers standard office furniture, paint, carpeting, etc. The judge is on the hook for their own artwork.

But courts are cliquey. If CA2 has a culture of not stretching the budget for chambers furnishings, and a new judge comes in an pushes the envelope, that's something older judges will get persnickety about. Same if a new judge is perceived to be over-using GSA labor to decorate. Chambers are just like any other workplace, full of unwritten rules, petty politics, and learning curves for the new person.

In my courthouse most of the bitching is about the Chief Judge chambers. The Chief is allowed to expand their chambers, usually by knocking down a wall and taking over an adjacent space, to accommodate the extra staff they're allowed to hire. But we have a problem of former Chiefs not giving up their chambers when their term ends, so instead of one Chief-sized suite, we have like 5, and we're starting to run out of room for visiting judges, etc.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jul 22, 2022 8:04 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Fri Jul 22, 2022 11:42 am
Anonymous User wrote:
Fri Jul 22, 2022 7:28 am
Anonymous User wrote:
This is not a typical remodel, which would be fine and standard, and it’s using taxpayer funds. I think you can imagine why that would upset your colleagues.
CA2 clerks are too woke for this remodel.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Judicial Clerkships”