Chance me and check on application strategy Forum

(Seek and share information about clerkship applications, clerkship hiring timelines, and post-clerkship employment opportunities)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about clerkship applications and clerkship hiring. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
flfaq

New

Chance me and check on application strategy

Post by flfaq » Sun Jun 05, 2022 8:32 pm

Hey just wanted to see what my chances are at securing a fed clerkship and a last-minute check on my application strategy. I am in the top 10% at Fordham and a non-EIC exec board position of a secondary journal, moot court, big law SA at a v15 firm. The current plan is basically to apply all over the country to district court clerkship. Would it be worth applying to any COA clerkships in New York or areas I have ties?

I know it is difficult to secure one but just looking to see what my expectations should be going in. Thanks.

Anonymous User

Re: Chance me and check on application strategy

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Jun 06, 2022 12:09 pm

flfaq wrote:
Sun Jun 05, 2022 8:32 pm
Hey just wanted to see what my chances are at securing a fed clerkship and a last-minute check on my application strategy. I am in the top 10% at Fordham and a non-EIC exec board position of a secondary journal, moot court, big law SA at a v15 firm. The current plan is basically to apply all over the country to district court clerkship. Would it be worth applying to any COA clerkships in New York or areas I have ties?

I know it is difficult to secure one but just looking to see what my expectations should be going in. Thanks.
Can't hurt to apply to Chin on CA2 at some point.

flfaq

New

Post by flfaq » Mon Jun 06, 2022 12:51 pm

That’s a good point and I will be sure to look out to apply to him in the future. What would you say about my chances at a district court clerkship?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Jun 06, 2022 2:19 pm

Probably depends on where you have ties. You have a decent but not exceptional app, so it’s hard to say. Some people with resumes like yours land good clerkships, some strike out. Applying nationally was definitely the right move.

flfaq

New

Post by flfaq » Mon Jun 06, 2022 6:42 pm

Thank you really appreciate it.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Jun 06, 2022 7:16 pm

Apply to Moore in SDFL.

flfaq

New

Post by flfaq » Mon Jun 06, 2022 7:34 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Mon Jun 06, 2022 7:16 pm
Apply to Moore in SDFL.