Fed Clerkship pay post JAG Forum

(Seek and share information about clerkship applications, clerkship hiring timelines, and post-clerkship employment opportunities)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about clerkship applications and clerkship hiring. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Tcaru2315

New

Fed Clerkship pay post JAG

Post by Tcaru2315 » Fri May 20, 2022 9:39 am

All,

Need some help. I have numerous JAG buddies who clerked after JAGC who received credit for their experience. Our admin in chambers sent me this justification for why after 8 years of federal legal experience I would come in as a 13 step 1. They stated only civilian service would count.

Any regs you could provide to counter this would be very much appreciated.

https://jnet.ao.dcn/sites/default/files ... 0-2018.pdf p. 9 F(3)
The HPR is either (1) the highest rate of base pay4 in effect when a General Schedule (GS), JSP, or CPS employee held his or her highest grade and highest step within that grade; or (2) the highest rate of base pay previously received by an individual while employed in a civilian position in any part of the federal government (including service with the government of the District of Columbia for employees first employed by that government before October 1, 1987), without regard to whether that position was under the GS, JSP, or CPS pay systems.

Return to “Judicial Clerkships”