DE Chancery Clerk --> Wachtell? Forum

(Seek and share information about clerkship applications, clerkship hiring timelines, and post-clerkship employment opportunities)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about clerkship applications and clerkship hiring. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Anonymous User

DE Chancery Clerk --> Wachtell?

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Apr 28, 2022 3:33 pm

I recently accepted a clerkship on the DE Court of Chancery for the term following graduation. I have heard that Delaware Court of Chancery clerks often go to Wachtell.

I guess I am just wondering what the odds would be that I get an offer from them after I complete the clerkship and how significant of an effect having my grades drop a bit in 3L will be on those prospects (currently sitting just inside the top 10% at a non-T6 T-14).

Annon for obvious reasons.

Anonymous User

Re: DE Chancery Clerk --> Wachtell?

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Apr 28, 2022 3:44 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Thu Apr 28, 2022 3:33 pm
I recently accepted a clerkship on the DE Court of Chancery for the term following graduation. I have heard that Delaware Court of Chancery clerks often go to Wachtell.

I guess I am just wondering what the odds would be that I get an offer from them after I complete the clerkship and how significant of an effect having my grades drop a bit in 3L will be on those prospects (currently sitting just inside the top 10% at a non-T6 T-14).

Annon for obvious reasons.
So long as you manage to graduate in the top 10% of the class at your non-T6 T-14, I think you have a good shot at landing Wachtell after your Delaware Court of Chancery clerkship. I know someone who clerked on the DE Court of Chancery right after graduation from a CCNP, and then went to Wachtell afterward. He did his 2L summer at another big firm in NY (not Wachtell), graduated in the top 10% but not at the tippy top, and wasn't on law review.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Judicial Clerkships”