HELP - Missed Calls? Forum

(Seek and share information about clerkship applications, clerkship hiring timelines, and post-clerkship employment opportunities)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about clerkship applications and clerkship hiring. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Anonymous User

HELP - Missed Calls?

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:28 pm

Hi all, I've been interviewing for clerkships and was told that for one position, the judge would make a decision by the end of this week - likely today. I noticed around noon that my phone was not receiving calls. I asked my boyfriend to call my phone, but I didn't get the call - it didn't even show up as a missed call. I restarted my phone, and it started working again. But I noticed that my boyfriend's call still wasn't appearing as a missed call.

I'm concerned that I might have missed a call (or even a voicemail) from chambers that isn't appearing as a missed call on my phone. Would judges also email to extend an offer if they're unsuccessful in reaching you via phone? Am I worrying about nothing?

Foodz

New

Re: HELP - Missed Calls?

Post by Foodz » Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:35 pm

They would probably leave a voicemail if they were trying to reach you or send you an email or try calling you again later. I would not worry about it that much! I missed the call cause of phone issues when I was offered a clerkship and they sent me an email and left me a voicemail asking to call back and it was not a big deal

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:41 pm

Any update?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Jan 22, 2022 12:32 pm

I missed my judge's call offering me the clerkship because I screen all my calls. He just left a VM and I called back. It's not a big deal. Most people do that. They'd leave a VM if it was an offer.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Jan 22, 2022 7:35 pm

Hi all, OP here. Thank you all for your reassurance! The judge ended up calling to offer later that day. :) Thank you again!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Jan 23, 2022 2:25 am

OP, was it a COA judge? I interviewed with a judge who also had a similar timeline for deciding, called me on Friday, and offered me a clerkship (which I gladly accepted). Maybe we're co-clerks? Either way, congratulations & hope you celebrated yesterday/this weekend!!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Jan 23, 2022 2:17 pm

It was a D. Ct. Judge! Congratulations to you as well! 🎉

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Jan 23, 2022 5:26 pm

That's awesome! Congratulations!!! I was so excited to get my district court clerkship (it was my first time applying and I thought there was no way I would get an interview, let alone an offer) - hope it'll be a good experience and you can relax & take it easy in school/work now!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Judicial Clerkships”