Fed term clerk post JAG Forum

(Seek and share information about clerkship applications, clerkship hiring timelines, and post-clerkship employment opportunities)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about clerkship applications and clerkship hiring. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Tcaru2315

New

Fed term clerk post JAG

Post by Tcaru2315 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:54 pm

I accepted a term federal clerkship offer in upstate NY. I have 7 years of law experience from JAG. Any thoughts what step and grade I will come in under the JPS? Thanks for your time.

gf2139

New

Re: Fed term clerk post JAG

Post by gf2139 » Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:38 am

I think you would start at JSP 13, step 1. I don't think you start out in the middle of a grade, such as step 2, 3, etc. I could be wrong, but I haven't seen it.

Generally, you need to have at least three years of experience with two years in the federal judiciary to get to JSP 14.

Another thing, I think chambers generally only hire term clerks through the JSP 13 grade. I have heard of some term clerks getting JSP 14, but the judge had to make a special request.

I had four years of experience before federal clerkship and I was JSP 13, step 1.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Judicial Clerkships”