UVA student...good profs for clerking? Forum

(Seek and share information about clerkship applications, clerkship hiring timelines, and post-clerkship employment opportunities)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about clerkship applications and clerkship hiring. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Anonymous User

UVA student...good profs for clerking?

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Dec 18, 2021 1:54 pm

2L at UVA wondering if anyone here had any thoughts on who at UVA are good profs to get to know for clerkships? Not in fedsoc but not opposed to clerking for republicans/conservatives...just not the more radical Trump judges...

Anonymous User

Re: UVA student...good profs for clerking?

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Dec 18, 2021 5:58 pm

Kristin Eichensehr and Richard Re are two new/young professors who are both tied in with prominent judges/the clerkship game.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Dec 18, 2021 6:15 pm

Are Bamzai and Schwartzman still the faculty advisors for clerkships? They’re definitely at the top of who to know. Otherwise Coughlin, Howard, and Prakash quickly come to mind as profs who have good reps for going to bat for students.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Dec 19, 2021 4:59 pm

I can only speak to the conservatives:

Bamzai
Prakash
Cohen (not conservative that I know of, but goes to bat for people. Great guy.)
Julia Mahoney

Can't go wrong with any of these people. If you're interested in more info, I can DM you (double clerk from UVA, class of 2019).

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Judicial Clerkships”