CDCA Judges Forum

(Seek and share information about clerkship applications, clerkship hiring timelines, and post-clerkship employment opportunities)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about clerkship applications and clerkship hiring. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Anonymous User

CDCA Judges

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Dec 16, 2021 1:29 pm

Has anybody heard anything about the 2020 CDCA judges (Scarsi, Aenlle-Rocha, Holcomb, Blumenfeld)? It can be hard to get information about new judges for obvious reasons.

Anonymous User

Re: CDCA Judges

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Dec 20, 2021 2:15 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Thu Dec 16, 2021 1:29 pm
Has anybody heard anything about the 2020 CDCA judges (Scarsi, Aenlle-Rocha, Holcomb, Blumenfeld)? It can be hard to get information about new judges for obvious reasons.
Current CD Cal clerk. I haven't heard enough about most of them to comment (CD Cal seems to be an especially non-social district), but I've heard positive things about Aenlle-Rocha. He does, however, have one of the largest case loads in CD Cal (It's like 100+ more cases than other non-senior judges).

Anonymous User

Re: CDCA Judges

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Sep 10, 2022 2:23 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Mon Dec 20, 2021 2:15 am
Anonymous User wrote:
Thu Dec 16, 2021 1:29 pm
Current CD Cal clerk. I haven't heard enough about most of them to comment (CD Cal seems to be an especially non-social district), but I've heard positive things about Aenlle-Rocha. He does, however, have one of the largest case loads in CD Cal (It's like 100+ more cases than other non-senior judges).
Former C.D. Cal clerk here. Scarsi and Holcomb are pretty standard clerkships: churn out the civil orders. Scarsi will generally try to get rid of cases, and his case load is lower as a result (and his reversal rate may be higher as a result, I do not know). Aenlle-Rocha is practically appellate level with how thorough he can be on the issues. Blumenfeld is extremely smart but intense.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Judicial Clerkships”