Applying for Spring 2023 instead of Fall 2022? Forum

(Seek and share information about clerkship applications, clerkship hiring timelines, and post-clerkship employment opportunities)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about clerkship applications and clerkship hiring. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
heebibi

New

Applying for Spring 2023 instead of Fall 2022?

Post by heebibi » Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:44 pm

Hi All!

Is anyone applying law firms for Spring 2023 instead of Fall 2022?
My clerkship ends on September 2022 but I am planning to take a break and start to work on January 2023. Has anyone else done this? I was not sure whether firms are okay with this and if they are, when should I apply?

j01

New

Re: Applying for Spring 2023 instead of Fall 2022?

Post by j01 » Sun Nov 21, 2021 11:40 pm

Yes. You apply on the normal calendar (August start) and when you're negotiating your offer simply say you'd like to start a little later. You're applying for a job, not to start your job on a certain day. But it'd be a mistake to apply outside of the firm's standard cycle, or worse, after they've already hired their clerks for the year.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Judicial Clerkships”