Post-Clerkship Interview Logistics/Tips Forum

(Seek and share information about clerkship applications, clerkship hiring timelines, and post-clerkship employment opportunities)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about clerkship applications and clerkship hiring. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
j01

New

Post-Clerkship Interview Logistics/Tips

Post by j01 » Tue Nov 09, 2021 6:01 pm

I am clerking on the West Coast and am applying exclusively to firms in Chicago for an August start date. Can anyone with experience shed some light on how it'd work to interview at a bunch of firms? Do they fly you in and put you up, and will they play nice with other firms in terms of trying to schedule you in the same week? How can I possibly manage applying broadly when so many firms have different timetables and each firm will presumably want to see me IRL at some point?

I know basically nothing. When I was in LS I planned to go into public interest, so I didn't even participate in OCI. So whatever you know is helpful.

Thanks!

Anonymous User

Re: Post-Clerkship Interview Logistics/Tips

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Nov 10, 2021 9:40 am

j01 wrote:
Tue Nov 09, 2021 6:01 pm
I am clerking on the West Coast and am applying exclusively to firms in Chicago for an August start date. Can anyone with experience shed some light on how it'd work to interview at a bunch of firms? Do they fly you in and put you up, and will they play nice with other firms in terms of trying to schedule you in the same week? How can I possibly manage applying broadly when so many firms have different timetables and each firm will presumably want to see me IRL at some point?

I know basically nothing. When I was in LS I planned to go into public interest, so I didn't even participate in OCI. So whatever you know is helpful.

Thanks!
Might be good to ask this in the 2021-22 post-clerkship hiring thread. I'm in a similar position (currently clerking and interviewing for biglaw firms), and I've been interviewing with firms virtually, so no in-person interviews at all.

If there are in-person interviews, then correct, they'll fly out and put you in a hotel and coordinate with other firms in the way you described. But all the firms I've been talking with haven't even asked if I wanted to do an in-person interview; the default has been virtual.

j01

New

Re: Post-Clerkship Interview Logistics/Tips

Post by j01 » Wed Nov 10, 2021 2:52 pm

Thanks!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Judicial Clerkships”