Two State Clerkships Forum

(Seek and share information about clerkship applications, clerkship hiring timelines, and post-clerkship employment opportunities)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about clerkship applications and clerkship hiring. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
farran34

New

Two State Clerkships

Post by farran34 » Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:21 am

I recently accepted a NJ superior court clerkship Civil division 2022-23. I am top 20% T1 school from out of state, struck out at OCI and did a government internship in the summer in my school's state.

From what I understand, NJ superior court clerkships are solid options if you want to work in a small/mid-sized firm or government in NJ and are willing to hustle.

My question is, should I also consider applying to NJ Appellate / Supreme Court (or other state appellate courts) next application cycle for 2023-24? Would this improve my post-clerkship job options since the courts are more prestigious, or would this be looked down upon / not useful because it is another year without firm experience?

Wild Card

Silver

Re: Two State Clerkships

Post by Wild Card » Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:52 am

New Jersey Supreme is very legit. A lot of top students from Columbia, NYU, and the other top NYC schools clerk there. And they go on to clerk for great federal district and circuit judges.

I mean, you have nothing to lose, right? And the alternative is... unemployment?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Judicial Clerkships”