Chances at Delaware Chancery from CCN Forum

(Seek and share information about clerkship applications, clerkship hiring timelines, and post-clerkship employment opportunities)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about clerkship applications and clerkship hiring. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Anonymous User

Chances at Delaware Chancery from CCN

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 07, 2021 10:38 am

Hey y’all, I’m wondering what my chances are for a clerkship at the Delaware Court of Chancery, coming from CCN. Rising 2L, top 20-30% (?? I honestly don’t know cutoffs), law review, and have a background in finance (i.e., can do a DCF). Would love to know what grades and credentials make CCN people competitive. Unfortunately, I wasn’t able to get into Corporations, but I’ll be taking another corporate-ish class in the fall. Idk if that makes my app dead on arrival lol. Thanks for any and all advice! ☺️

Anonymous User

Re: Chances at Delaware Chancery from CCN

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 07, 2021 10:48 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 10:38 am
Hey y’all, I’m wondering what my chances are for a clerkship at the Delaware Court of Chancery, coming from CCN. Rising 2L, top 20-30% (?? I honestly don’t know cutoffs), law review, and have a background in finance (i.e., can do a DCF). Would love to know what grades and credentials make CCN people competitive. Unfortunately, I wasn’t able to get into Corporations, but I’ll be taking another corporate-ish class in the fall. Idk if that makes my app dead on arrival lol. Thanks for any and all advice! ☺️
I think the positions are quite competitive, the only person I know from my CCN going to the Delaware Court of Chancery is top of the class and going to WLRK.

jotarokujo

Bronze

Post by jotarokujo » Tue Sep 07, 2021 4:02 pm

top 30% from CCN is quite unlikely but still worth applying

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 08, 2021 5:57 pm

Columbia alum who is familiar with DE clerkship market. In my experience, Chancery doesn't attract top applicants from Columbia - almost universally students prefer any fed clerkship to Chancery (though I know a few doubles). Instead, Chancery gets fed by relationship professors (Eric Talley & if he's still teaching his seminar, Bill Savitt).

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Sep 12, 2021 11:10 pm

Former clerk who worked in finance, reads Matt Levine's Money Stuff. I would never in a million years move to Delaware to make government money deciding the cases on Delaware Chancery's docket.

You're a rising 2L. You have good-ish grades, presumably a decent BigLaw job already lined up, and a year before the plan kicks off. Relax. Take Corporations before you go all in on this. Delaware Chancery isn't worth doing if you hate the subject matter.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Judicial Clerkships”