Current Clerks: Remote or In Office Post-Vaccine Forum

(Seek and share information about clerkship applications, clerkship hiring timelines, and post-clerkship employment opportunities)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about clerkship applications and clerkship hiring. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."

How is your Judge handling post-vaccine work?

Remote work allowed
18%
In-person FT
52%
Hybrid
30%

Total votes: 33

Anonymous User

Current Clerks: Remote or In Office Post-Vaccine

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:21 am

Am currently clerking for a district court judge, and my Judge is having us head back to the office full time soon (I'm clerking on a COA next, and those clerks have been in person for most of the pandemic).

Curious what other judges are requiring.

Anonymous User

Re: Current Clerks: Remote or In Office Post-Vaccine

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:33 am

My D.Ct. judge doesn’t really care and we were free to wfh or be in-person throughout the pandemic. The Courthouse had this revolving schedule where the admin guys could wfh every other week.

Us clerks choose to just come in everyday just because the Judge is so cool. Of course if we got sick or had other plans that made wfh necessary, we just told the Judge and he was fine with it. Some days, we don’t even tell him at all as he just emails us all assignments anyways and there really is no need to be in chambers but for interacting with this really laid-back, chill, and genuine guy.

Sorry, I’ve been going ga-ga over my Judge. Apparently, it’s a bit uncommon to find someone like him.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:57 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:33 am
My D.Ct. judge doesn’t really care and we were free to wfh or be in-person throughout the pandemic. The Courthouse had this revolving schedule where the admin guys could wfh every other week.

Us clerks choose to just come in everyday just because the Judge is so cool. Of course if we got sick or had other plans that made wfh necessary, we just told the Judge and he was fine with it. Some days, we don’t even tell him at all as he just emails us all assignments anyways and there really is no need to be in chambers but for interacting with this really laid-back, chill, and genuine guy.

Sorry, I’ve been going ga-ga over my Judge. Apparently, it’s a bit uncommon to find someone like him.
I would go ga-ga too if my Judge had that policy!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Apr 27, 2021 11:04 am

We've been back in chambers for months now -- but it's also not a public courthouse, so there's no interaction or crossing paths with anyone outside of our little pod.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:48 pm

We've been coming into chambers a few times a week for hearings, but my judge is old and needs help with Zoom.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:47 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:21 am
Am currently clerking for a district court judge, and my Judge is having us head back to the office full time soon (I'm clerking on a COA next, and those clerks have been in person for most of the pandemic).

Curious what other judges are requiring.
Post-vaccine? My 80 year old judge never went remote! We've been masked in chambers throughout the pandemic.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Judicial Clerkships”