OSCAR email notifications for outside recommenders Forum

(Seek and share information about clerkship applications, clerkship hiring timelines, and post-clerkship employment opportunities)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about clerkship applications and clerkship hiring. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
rubixcube02

New

OSCAR email notifications for outside recommenders

Post by rubixcube02 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:06 pm

Current 2L here getting materials together. Anyone know when outside (non-faculty) recommenders get notified from OSCAR via email that you've selected them as recommenders? It doesn't appear to be after you've selected them as recommenders in the draft application stage, so would it be once you hit "Finalize Application"? Kind of in a bind here because if so, that would mean that for on-plan judges, my outside recommender would need to be sitting at their computer at 12pm on June 14...

Anonymous User

Re: OSCAR email notifications for outside recommenders

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:08 pm

That's definitely not how it works but I'm not positive how it does. This is a great thing to ask your clerkship office, they usually handle rec letter stuff.

rubixcube02

New

Re: OSCAR email notifications for outside recommenders

Post by rubixcube02 » Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:57 pm

Circling back in case someone finds this in the archives. YMMV, but for me, I had to ask my clerkship office to allow recommenders to receive OSCAR notification emails as they come, rather than a weekly digest (the default setting). Once my school's clerkship office made this change, my recommender got the email, uploaded her letter to OSCAR, and then I could attach her letter to all of my applications. Voila!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Judicial Clerkships”