How long does it usually take LORs to attach? Forum

(Seek and share information about clerkship applications, clerkship hiring timelines, and post-clerkship employment opportunities)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about clerkship applications and clerkship hiring. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Anonymous User

How long does it usually take LORs to attach?

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:48 am

I applied to a judge last Sunday, 12/13. The next morning one letter was already attached. But the other two still aren’t. I emailed all three recommenders last Monday and let them know I was applying again and two replied. I don’t want to step on anyone’s toes, especially with the holiday break. Is over a week delay normal? Should I email my clerkship office? A lot of positions in my area of interest are being posted and I’d like to apply ASAP.

FU2016

New

Re: How long does it usually take LORs to attach?

Post by FU2016 » Mon Dec 21, 2020 1:13 pm

As long as the recommender checks the correct setting, once the letter is done and in OSCAR, it will automatically attach to any application. It sounds like the recommender didn't put it in yet. If you know the recommendation is in but it won't attach automatically, reach out to your clerkship office. They can go in and check the setting so that the letter auto-fills to any application you send.

Anonymous User

Re: How long does it usually take LORs to attach?

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Dec 21, 2020 2:05 pm

Thanks so much, that's so helpful to know that the clerkship office can do it. I had only previously applied to one other judge but that wasn't through OSCAR, so this would be their first request most likely.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Judicial Clerkships”