Barrett and Clerkships Forum

(Seek and share information about clerkship applications, clerkship hiring timelines, and post-clerkship employment opportunities)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about clerkship applications and clerkship hiring. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
nixy

Gold

Re: Barrett and Clerkships

Post by nixy » Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:25 pm

One brilliant/extremely successful ND grad who's hiring largely from the T14 isn't going to change ND's peer reputation.

Reese1

New

Post by Reese1 » Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:34 pm

nixy wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:25 pm
One brilliant/extremely successful ND grad who's hiring largely from the T14 isn't going to change ND's peer reputation.
Agreed. However, ND does seem to have momentum outside of Barrett's appointment. I believe their clerkship numbers are trending up, and they seem to be getting some pretty high profile hires. I could see their rankings creep up even without any benefit from Barrett.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:46 pm

Reese1 wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:34 pm
nixy wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:25 pm
Agreed. However, ND does seem to have momentum outside of Barrett's appointment. I believe their clerkship numbers are trending up, and they seem to be getting some pretty high profile hires. I could see their rankings creep up even without any benefit from Barrett.
Yeah I think ND is probably on the rise but not because of Barrett, more because it benefits from the conservative legal movement's success more generally

nixy

Gold

Post by nixy » Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:56 am

Yeah, agreed. I’m not sure its rankings are going to change much - nor do I think that matters; it kind of is what it is and people either value it or they don’t. Fancy hires are great but they don’t always translate into better employment opportunities for students.

But then, I also don’t think fine gradations within the 20s rankings matter very much for anything besides selling USNWR. They’re all excellent schools, almost but not quite national. Twist my arm, I’d probably say that ND has more national name recognition than many of the other schools in the 20s, but I think that’s mostly a reflection of their undergrad fame and in the end, it comes down to employment placement in your chosen field and cost.

laanngo

Bronze

Post by laanngo » Wed Feb 09, 2022 12:06 am

nixy wrote:
Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:56 am
undergrad fame
football

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

The Lsat Airbender

Gold

Post by The Lsat Airbender » Mon Mar 28, 2022 10:53 pm

laanngo wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:05 pm
The Lsat Airbender wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:57 pm
laanngo wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:12 pm
How much is this going to effect ND in the rankings?
which rankings
USNWR
lol

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Judicial Clerkships”