New Mexico Forum

(Seek and share information about clerkship applications, clerkship hiring timelines, and post-clerkship employment opportunities)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about clerkship applications and clerkship hiring. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Anonymous User

New Mexico

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:41 pm

Is anyone willing to share insights on federal judges in New Mexico? I find the 10th Circuit page a little sparse, and I am also curious about the district courts. Thanks!

Anonymous User

Re: New Mexico

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:47 pm

[Deleted because the anon who wrote this can't read. Signed, that anon]
Last edited by Anonymous User on Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:10 am, edited 2 times in total.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:56 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:47 pm
I've heard nothing but good things about Boulware, Navarro, and Du. I don't know anything about Gordon or Dorsey but I haven't heard anything bad. The former three judges like public interest-oriented applicants.

If you clerk for one of the judges in Las Vegas, it's one of the most friendly and welcoming legal communities I've experienced. There's a preference for clerks with Nevada (or at least West Coast or Southwest) ties, so if you're not from the region, you'll need to be very clear about why you want to be in Las Vegas/Reno.
New Mexico, tho.

I've heard pretty good things about Baldock and Carson, less good things about Hartz (long hours, kind of impersonal), no info about Kelly.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:36 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:56 pm
Anonymous User wrote:
I've heard nothing but good things about Boulware, Navarro, and Du. I don't know anything about Gordon or Dorsey but I haven't heard anything bad. The former three judges like public interest-oriented applicants.

If you clerk for one of the judges in Las Vegas, it's one of the most friendly and welcoming legal communities I've experienced. There's a preference for clerks with Nevada (or at least West Coast or Southwest) ties, so if you're not from the region, you'll need to be very clear about why you want to be in Las Vegas/Reno.
New Mexico, tho.

I've heard pretty good things about Baldock and Carson, less good things about Hartz (long hours, kind of impersonal), no info about Kelly.
The downside with Baldock is the two-year clerkship (in Roswell), but he's a really nice guy. Carson is also in Roswell, and I've heard good things about him. Browning on the district court is an interesting one. I don't think I'd want to work for him, but if you want to put up with the long hours, I haven't heard that he's a terrible boss or anything (although, he's definitely a bit odd). What I've heard about Hartz isn't good (concur with the long hours and impersonal). I heard less than good things about one of the Las Cruces judges, but I can't recall which one off the top of my head. It may have been Brack, but don't hold me to that.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:58 pm

Last edited by Anonymous User on Wed Nov 22, 2023 10:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:09 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:56 pm
Anonymous User wrote:

New Mexico, tho.

LOL, bar prep has massively f**ked with my brain. I'm so sorry :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:51 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:58 pm
Herrera, Johnson, Riggs are all great bosses.

Gonzales is also good, he was/is in the military and expects an 8:00-5:00. The workload is higher because of the criminal work in las cruces, but that’s not his fault.

Browning: don’t do it.
Any info on Ritter in ABQ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:56 pm

I haven’t heard anything negative about Ritter. The workload for ABQ MJ clerks is generally higher than the workload for LC MJ clerks, but not too bad.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Judicial Clerkships”