2021-2022 Clerkship Application Thread

(Seek and share information about clerkship applications, clerkship hiring timelines, and post-clerkship employment opportunities)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about clerkship applications and clerkship hiring. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Anonymous User
Posts: 350980
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2021-2022 Clerkship Application Thread

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:32 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:19 pm
Cardone is full, per a form email.
W.D. Tex. is moving fast this year. Cardone, Pitman, Martinez... Montalvo is still looking but he requires a 2-year commitment.

Anonymous User
Posts: 350980
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2021-2022 Clerkship Application Thread

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:36 pm

I got an interview request from Wilson via email recently.

Anonymous User
Posts: 350980
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2021-2022 Clerkship Application Thread

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:40 pm

Has Huffaker in the MDAL moved?

Anonymous User
Posts: 350980
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2021-2022 Clerkship Application Thread

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:50 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:13 pm
Anonymous User wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:09 pm
Anonymous User wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:06 pm
Anonymous User wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:02 pm
Anonymous User wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:58 pm
Anonymous User wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:56 pm
Other clerkship offices have mentioned that there were more interviews than normal this year as well.
COOL this makes interview-less me feel so much better lol ugh
Yeah at a non-Chicago CCN and this makes me feel terrible, but I also knew going in that my clerkship office was horrible.
You can just say you're at Columbia lol.
Lmao didn't know about the quality of NYU's clerkship office, but I guess CLS' clerkship office may be uniquely bad

I'll say this for the Dean, she tries. It was way worse 3 years ago when the office basically didn't exist. We just have a shocking lack of connections or professors not named Gillian or Ginsburg who have any sway.
Agree, she's great and I imagine Columbia's clerkship #s will be improving over the next few years once she's settled in! Anyone know how CLS students have been doing this cycle overall?

Anonymous User
Posts: 350980
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2021-2022 Clerkship Application Thread

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:14 pm

3rdamendmentscholar wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:15 pm
Anyone heard updates from Judge Wu or Judge Wilson (C.D. Cal.)? I feel like I've got intel on movement for every on-plan judge in LA except those two!
No intel on Judge Wu, but I hear he only hires applicants with work experience. Can anyone confirm? Also, I assume you mean you have intel on whether or not LA judges have moved, and not that every other judge has moved?
Anonymous User wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:36 pm
I got an interview request from Wilson via email recently.
Congrats!!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!


Anonymous User
Posts: 350980
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2021-2022 Clerkship Application Thread

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:17 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:52 pm
Anonymous User wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:56 am
Anonymous User wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:46 am
Has anyone heard updates on any of the WDPA judges, especially Judge Hornak?
Unfortunately seems like Hornak interviews would have already gone out. From his OSCAR page:
I hire from OSCAR submitted applications only, and will likely interview for the 2021 group the week of June 15, 2020.
Our clerkship office said he hasn't moved yet; he might be running behind.
He's definitely moved for at least interviews

Anonymous User
Posts: 350980
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2021-2022 Clerkship Application Thread

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:18 pm

Per OSCAR, Selna and Phillips (CDCal) are full

Anonymous User
Posts: 350980
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2021-2022 Clerkship Application Thread

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:25 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:14 pm
3rdamendmentscholar wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:15 pm
Anyone heard updates from Judge Wu or Judge Wilson (C.D. Cal.)? I feel like I've got intel on movement for every on-plan judge in LA except those two!
No intel on Judge Wu, but I hear he only hires applicants with work experience. Can anyone confirm? Also, I assume you mean you have intel on whether or not LA judges have moved, and not that every other judge has moved?
Anonymous User wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:36 pm
I got an interview request from Wilson via email recently.
Congrats!!
What is going on with Lew? And also, I think I saw on here that Gutierrez was interviewing last week but is he still interviewing?

Anonymous User
Posts: 350980
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2021-2022 Clerkship Application Thread

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:43 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:18 pm
Anybody have info on McHugh (EDPA)?
Also wondering this. Or any EDPA judges other than Beetlestone (who is full?)

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?


Anonymous User
Posts: 350980
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2021-2022 Clerkship Application Thread

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:49 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:14 pm
3rdamendmentscholar wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:15 pm
Anyone heard updates from Judge Wu or Judge Wilson (C.D. Cal.)? I feel like I've got intel on movement for every on-plan judge in LA except those two!
No intel on Judge Wu, but I hear he only hires applicants with work experience. Can anyone confirm? Also, I assume you mean you have intel on whether or not LA judges have moved, and not that every other judge has moved?
Anonymous User wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:36 pm
I got an interview request from Wilson via email recently.
Congrats!!
My intel is that every other LA & Santa Ana judge (that isn't a Trump appointee, didn't check on them) has at least offered interviews. Not sure about other parts of C.D. Cal.

Anonymous User
Posts: 350980
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2021-2022 Clerkship Application Thread

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:01 pm

Chicago seems to be killing it but I think a lot of it is just the same trends we’ve been seeing help its numbers recently (a lot of Trump judges especially like Chicago students, including and maybe especially for counterclerk spots, and Chicago clerks are loyal) continuing vs. necessarily indicative of the market moving faster. E.g. I know of multiple Trump judges who seem to have gotten even more Chicago-friendly this cycle.

Anonymous User
Posts: 350980
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2021-2022 Clerkship Application Thread

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:22 pm

Where are people getting the idea that most district judges haven't moved? From just this thread it seems like essentially all the competitive districts have moved and a good smattering of less competitive judges have too, and I know this thread is far from painting a complete picture

Anonymous User
Posts: 350980
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2021-2022 Clerkship Application Thread

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:24 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:32 pm
Anonymous User wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:19 pm
Cardone is full, per a form email.
W.D. Tex. is moving fast this year. Cardone, Pitman, Martinez... Montalvo is still looking but he requires a 2-year commitment.
No Montalvo hired last week. Friend at MVP got the positon.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!


Anonymous User
Posts: 350980
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2021-2022 Clerkship Application Thread

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:25 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:22 pm
Where are people getting the idea that most district judges haven't moved? From just this thread it seems like essentially all the competitive districts have moved and a good smattering of less competitive judges have too, and I know this thread is far from painting a complete picture
The vast majority of district judges are not in major cities and there are still some major city district courts that seem to still be ramping up (e.g. NDIL seems at most half full). Plus cruel optimism perhaps.

Anonymous User
Posts: 350980
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2021-2022 Clerkship Application Thread

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:27 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:22 pm
Where are people getting the idea that most district judges haven't moved? From just this thread it seems like essentially all the competitive districts have moved and a good smattering of less competitive judges have too, and I know this thread is far from painting a complete picture
Yeah, if all of CDCA has moved, then I think competitive districts are done. I think there'll be light movement, but based on this thread and the law.com article posted earlier, I think majority of hiring in major cities is done.

Anonymous User
Posts: 350980
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2021-2022 Clerkship Application Thread

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:32 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:50 pm
Anonymous User wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:13 pm
Anonymous User wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:09 pm
Anonymous User wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:06 pm
Anonymous User wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:02 pm
Anonymous User wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:58 pm
Anonymous User wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:56 pm
Other clerkship offices have mentioned that there were more interviews than normal this year as well.
COOL this makes interview-less me feel so much better lol ugh
Yeah at a non-Chicago CCN and this makes me feel terrible, but I also knew going in that my clerkship office was horrible.
You can just say you're at Columbia lol.
Lmao didn't know about the quality of NYU's clerkship office, but I guess CLS' clerkship office may be uniquely bad

I'll say this for the Dean, she tries. It was way worse 3 years ago when the office basically didn't exist. We just have a shocking lack of connections or professors not named Gillian or Ginsburg who have any sway.
Agree, she's great and I imagine Columbia's clerkship #s will be improving over the next few years once she's settled in! Anyone know how CLS students have been doing this cycle overall?
I've been wondering about CLS students as well. Anyone have any insight?

geodesics

New
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:17 pm

Re: 2021-2022 Clerkship Application Thread

Post by geodesics » Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:43 pm

For anyone with a district or circuit and trying to get the other for the next year, are you asking your new judge to help? I've heard through the grapevine that some people do this, but I feel my judge can't even speak to me on that level yet, and asking would be presumptuous.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...


Anonymous User
Posts: 350980
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2021-2022 Clerkship Application Thread

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:55 pm

Back to random district questions - anyone in Nev (besides Dorsey) and Maine (besides Levy) move? :roll:

Anonymous User
Posts: 350980
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2021-2022 Clerkship Application Thread

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:08 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:32 pm
Anonymous User wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:50 pm
Anonymous User wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:13 pm


Agree, she's great and I imagine Columbia's clerkship #s will be improving over the next few years once she's settled in! Anyone know how CLS students have been doing this cycle overall?
I've been wondering about CLS students as well. Anyone have any insight?
Clerkship office doesn't tell us anything about how other CLS students are doing/what judges are moving/any of that stuff. All I know is I've heard nothing from judges.

Anonymous User
Posts: 350980
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2021-2022 Clerkship Application Thread

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:14 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:08 pm
Anonymous User wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:32 pm
Anonymous User wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:50 pm
Anonymous User wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:13 pm


Agree, she's great and I imagine Columbia's clerkship #s will be improving over the next few years once she's settled in! Anyone know how CLS students have been doing this cycle overall?
I've been wondering about CLS students as well. Anyone have any insight?
Clerkship office doesn't tell us anything about how other CLS students are doing/what judges are moving/any of that stuff. All I know is I've heard nothing from judges.
I am a rising 3L, high stone. One interview first day in a relatively non-competitive district and one interview schedule for next week in the Midwest (applied to a ton of District Courts). radio silence beyond that. It kind of makes me cringe to read that students at other schools get outreach and guidance after a successful first year because at Columbia we get nothing of the like...Hopefully my interview next week turns out well.

Anonymous User
Posts: 350980
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2021-2022 Clerkship Application Thread

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:14 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:24 pm
Anonymous User wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:32 pm
Anonymous User wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:19 pm
Cardone is full, per a form email.
W.D. Tex. is moving fast this year. Cardone, Pitman, Martinez... Montalvo is still looking but he requires a 2-year commitment.
No Montalvo hired last week. Friend at MVP got the positon.
MVP reaching into W.D. Tex. for two-year clerkships? RIP to students at Texas schools.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!


Anonymous User
Posts: 350980
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2021-2022 Clerkship Application Thread

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:23 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:08 pm
Clerkship office doesn't tell us anything about how other CLS students are doing/what judges are moving/any of that stuff. All I know is I've heard nothing from judges.
NYU has a list of rising 3Ls who've gotten an interview. Plenty of alums are getting interviews with OSCAR judges, so the list isn't that helpful, but it's better than nothing.

BTW ur dean is thicc: HNGH.

Anonymous User
Posts: 350980
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2021-2022 Clerkship Application Thread

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:28 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:23 pm
Anonymous User wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:08 pm
Clerkship office doesn't tell us anything about how other CLS students are doing/what judges are moving/any of that stuff. All I know is I've heard nothing from judges.
NYU has a list of rising 3Ls who've gotten an interview. Plenty of alums are getting interviews with OSCAR judges, so the list isn't that helpful, but it's better than nothing.

BTW ur dean is thicc: HNGH.
NYU gives out a list of students names? Or just judges that gave interviews? I'd be pretty annoyed if they were telling everyone I either had 15 interviews or if I hadnt gotten any

Anonymous User
Posts: 350980
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2021-2022 Clerkship Application Thread

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:42 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:28 pm
Anonymous User wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:23 pm
Anonymous User wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:08 pm
Clerkship office doesn't tell us anything about how other CLS students are doing/what judges are moving/any of that stuff. All I know is I've heard nothing from judges.
NYU has a list of rising 3Ls who've gotten an interview. Plenty of alums are getting interviews with OSCAR judges, so the list isn't that helpful, but it's better than nothing.

BTW ur dean is thicc: HNGH.
NYU gives out a list of students names? Or just judges that gave interviews? I'd be pretty annoyed if they were telling everyone I either had 15 interviews or if I hadnt gotten any
The latter: which judges have extended an interview to a member of the class of 2021.

Anonymous User
Posts: 350980
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2021-2022 Clerkship Application Thread

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:51 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:42 pm
Anonymous User wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:28 pm
Anonymous User wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:23 pm
Anonymous User wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:08 pm
Clerkship office doesn't tell us anything about how other CLS students are doing/what judges are moving/any of that stuff. All I know is I've heard nothing from judges.
NYU has a list of rising 3Ls who've gotten an interview. Plenty of alums are getting interviews with OSCAR judges, so the list isn't that helpful, but it's better than nothing.

BTW ur dean is thicc: HNGH.
NYU gives out a list of students names? Or just judges that gave interviews? I'd be pretty annoyed if they were telling everyone I either had 15 interviews or if I hadnt gotten any
The latter: which judges have extended an interview to a member of the class of 2021.
I'm at MVP and I *wish* we had this! Would be very helpful to know which judges have moved, especially the ones targeted heavily by my school (due to location)

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!


Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Judicial Clerkships”