OSCAR chances? Forum

(Seek and share information about clerkship applications, clerkship hiring timelines, and post-clerkship employment opportunities)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about clerkship applications and clerkship hiring. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Anonymous User

OSCAR chances?

Post by Anonymous User » Fri May 15, 2020 2:11 pm

[deleted]
Last edited by Anonymous User on Sat May 16, 2020 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Lsat Airbender

Gold

Re: OSCAR chances?

Post by The Lsat Airbender » Sat May 16, 2020 1:35 am

Middle-third at a T20 with no law review is an extreme long shot, sorry. Your softs are interesting enough that you might not be a complete dead letter, but that only matters if people pull your resume in the first place.

I would focus on other things for now and maybe take another look at clerking after better 3L grades and biglaw.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat May 16, 2020 11:12 am

From my understanding of the common wisdom, you're not going to have a good shot just by relying on OSCAR. Professor calls or other personal ties may help get your resume examined - but even then your stats will be competing with many other law students with better grades who also have your softs. I agree with the person who says to focus on grades in 3L.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat May 16, 2020 5:16 pm

OP here, thanks for the feedback. That's what I expected. Might still send out apps for the hell of it but not expecting to even be interviewed.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Judicial Clerkships”