Moving to Pittsburgh... Forum

(Seek and share information about clerkship applications, clerkship hiring timelines, and post-clerkship employment opportunities)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about clerkship applications and clerkship hiring. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
frank1477

New

Moving to Pittsburgh...

Post by frank1477 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:41 pm

Hey, all.

I am a 2L. I have a 3.6 GPA from a school ranked 77 in the nation (not Pitt Law). My school does not rank, but the average GPA in my class is just over 3.1.

My wife is having some family troubles and this is placing some obligations on us for (probably) the next several years. As a result, we have to move to Pittsburgh after law school.

I would like to clerk after law school. I know the Pittsburgh legal market is a bit insulated. Particularly, the court system around the Pittsburgh area is less than robust. The options are basically federal or trial court. I want to do PI, so I am fine with trial court. However, I wouldn't be mad taking a swing at the federal clerkships. Although, I know my GPA is a little low for federal clerkships and many judges prefer applicants with prior clerkship experience.

What are my odds are scoring a trial court clerkship in Pittsburgh? Does anyone have any insight?

Stay healthy and safe. Thanks.

Return to “Judicial Clerkships”