What are my chances? Forum

(Seek and share information about clerkship applications, clerkship hiring timelines, and post-clerkship employment opportunities)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about clerkship applications and clerkship hiring. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Anonymous User

What are my chances?

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:17 pm

Hey, ya'll. This is specifically intended for those that have reviewed clerkship applications before. I've been submitting applications on OSCAR since early July, and I want to know where I stand. T25 with impressive past clerkship placement, 3.45, Law Review and secondary journal, moot court, lots of other extracurriculars (pro bono, student orgs, RA, legal writing fellow), 2 strong LOR. I've applied to pretty much everything unless I was obviously disqualified by the posting. Had 2 mag interviews. I just started applying to bankruptcy, but I am wondering if I have a chance for a mag or district position. Thought? Thanks!

Anonymous User

Re: What are my chances?

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:29 pm

Submit paper applications to judges that do not use OSCAR. With a similar background, I went from 0 bites on tons of OSCAR apps over a year+ to an interview and offer within 3 weeks of sending paper apps. Less applicants, and someone actually has to read your app before they toss it.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Judicial Clerkships”