When can I ask for an update? Forum

(Seek and share information about clerkship applications, clerkship hiring timelines, and post-clerkship employment opportunities)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about clerkship applications and clerkship hiring. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Anonymous User

When can I ask for an update?

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:30 am

It's been almost two months since the interview. Both the judge and the clerks assured me at the interview that I would hear from them in a few weeks. Can I send an email to the clerk I'm in touch with and ask for an update?
Last edited by Anonymous User on Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Wild Card

Silver

Re: When can I ask for an update?

Post by Wild Card » Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:39 am

Does your law school keep track of this stuff? You could call and advisor and ask how long your judge has taken w/r/t past candidates.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:41 am

Wild Card wrote:Does your law school keep track of this stuff? You could call and advisor and ask how long your judge has taken w/r/t past candidates.
No one from my school has ever clerked for this judge and my clerkship office is disorganized and has very little useful info. I've asked about this judge and they say they know nothing but to google the judge. :roll:

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:02 pm

Do you have any new info you could send? Like if you didn’t have last sem grades when you applied, or honors for the year, or anything like that? I’ve used that as an excuse to email and reaffirm my interest when waiting.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Judicial Clerkships”