Thank you note to judge? Forum

(Seek and share information about clerkship applications, clerkship hiring timelines, and post-clerkship employment opportunities)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about clerkship applications and clerkship hiring. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
coramnonjudice

New

Thank you note to judge?

Post by coramnonjudice » Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:21 pm

My clerkship is ending soon and I was curious if there is a protocol for thank you notes, small tokens, etc. to the judge on the last day. Are there any former clerks who can share their own experience on their last day?

timmyd

Bronze

Re: Thank you note to judge?

Post by timmyd » Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:30 pm

My judge just took me out to lunch and later called to tell me I did a good job during the year and that he would gladly serve as a reference any time one was needed. He subsequently wrote me a letter of rec for future clerkships.

The JA and other clerk also took me out to eat another time as well. It was honestly kind of sad. It was a Greta year.

Anonymous User

Re: Thank you note to judge?

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:03 pm

There was a gift exchange at the end of my clerkship.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Judicial Clerkships”