SEC ALJ Clerk Forum

(Seek and share information about clerkship applications, clerkship hiring timelines, and post-clerkship employment opportunities)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about clerkship applications and clerkship hiring. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
hreed

New

SEC ALJ Clerk

Post by hreed » Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:13 pm

Does anyone know if this is a right out of law school position or is more experience required?

If the former, do the judges care if you wait until after the clerkship to take the bar? (i hear a lot of federal judges do not and this is a way to get someone else to pay for taking the bar)

How competitive are these positions?

How does a big law clerkship bonus for this compare to an Article III clerkship?

Thanks!

hreed

New

Re: SEC ALJ Clerk

Post by hreed » Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:24 pm

Also, how would the pay compare to a regular federal clerk? Is the on the SK scale the SEC uses or the scale used by the judicial branch?

koval

Bronze

Post by koval » Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:58 am

You can probably find out the pay scale with a quick Google search. My guess is that you'd be paid according to whatever scale the SEC uses because ALJs aren't really part of the judiciary in the same way that other judges are but don't cite me on that.

I'd be surprised if you got a clerkship bonus coming from an ALJ clerkship.

hreed

New

Post by hreed » Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:59 pm

I think you are right. I did a bit more research and these are definitely not right out of law school positions but more like permanent staff.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Judicial Clerkships”