how long does it take for LOR request to be sent? Forum

(Seek and share information about clerkship applications, clerkship hiring timelines, and post-clerkship employment opportunities)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about clerkship applications and clerkship hiring. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Anonymous User

how long does it take for LOR request to be sent?

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:28 am

Once you click on the "create a draft application" button, how long does it take for the recommenders to receive the email? I have done it twice in a span of several hours and my recommenders have not received it yet. Thanks for any help.

lavarman84

Platinum

Re: how long does it take for LOR request to be sent?

Post by lavarman84 » Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:52 am

Are they listed under recommenders when you create the draft application? Is there a checkmark next to their names? Also, could it have gotten sent to their assistants?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:43 pm

lawman84 wrote:Are they listed under recommenders when you create the draft application? Is there a checkmark next to their names? Also, could it have gotten sent to their assistants?
Yes they are and I have checked them all. I was able to create a draft application but did not click "FINALIZE APPLICATION."

lavarman84

Platinum

Post by lavarman84 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:32 am

Anonymous User wrote:
lawman84 wrote:Are they listed under recommenders when you create the draft application? Is there a checkmark next to their names? Also, could it have gotten sent to their assistants?
Yes they are and I have checked them all. I was able to create a draft application but did not click "FINALIZE APPLICATION."
Don't know what to tell you. Should have sent them unless their recommender information wasn't inputted correctly.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:24 am

Anonymous User wrote:Once you click on the "create a draft application" button, how long does it take for the recommenders to receive the email? I have done it twice in a span of several hours and my recommenders have not received it yet. Thanks for any help.
This may be a silly question, but do your recommenders actually have email notifications enabled? If not, well... That being said, your request should be available, they just need to log into OSCAR and send the LOR.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:37 pm

I will have a chat w my recommenders soon. Thanks everyone.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Judicial Clerkships”