Post-Clerkship Job Hunting (fall 2016 hiring cycle) Forum

(Seek and share information about clerkship applications, clerkship hiring timelines, and post-clerkship employment opportunities)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about clerkship applications and clerkship hiring. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Anonymous User

Re: Post-Clerkship Job Hunting (fall 2016 hiring cycle)

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:51 pm

Latham SF has made offers.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:02 pm

Keker is interviewing as of at least Friday, Feb. 19.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Feb 25, 2016 6:07 pm

Curious if there are any other Article 1 clerks in here. I'm in the Court of Federal Claims in DC. Top 20%/LR/Moot Court at a non-NYC/DC t30, but looking in NYC/DC. I worked in-house 2L summer. The career trajectories for CFC clerks are kind of all over the place, so I'm not really sure if there's any meaningful advice anyone can give other than keep on trucking.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:18 pm

Anyone know if W&C has called references for any applicants yet?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:12 am

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone know if W&C has called references for any applicants yet?
Anyone? This thread is way less active than the one from last year.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:37 pm

Hi all. I'm a 3L and will start my clerkship in August. Is this the thread for me to check in on?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:41 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Anyone know if W&C has called references for any applicants yet?
I had an interview and was rejected, didn't provide any references nor did they request any.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:41 am

[double post by accident]

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Mar 07, 2016 3:23 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
I had an interview and was rejected, didn't provide any references nor did they request any.
Same here. Went for callback. Was rejected two days later. They never asked for references.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Mar 07, 2016 3:29 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Same here. Went for callback. Was rejected two days later. They never asked for references.
Did the rejection come through the mail? And would you mind telling me what week you interviewed?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Mar 07, 2016 3:34 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Did the rejection come through the mail? And would you mind telling me what week you interviewed?
Yes, regular mail. Interviewed approximately 3 weeks ago. Letter was dated two days after my interview.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Mar 07, 2016 3:35 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Yes, regular mail. Interviewed approximately 3 weeks ago. Letter was dated two days after my interview.
Thank you!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:27 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
I am in more or less the same boat. Got the feeling they were interviewing way more candidates than spaces available.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Mar 14, 2016 3:11 pm

Manatt sent a flier to all fed. clerks in the LA area. Maybe others.

lillypution

New

Post by lillypution » Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:29 am

Anonymous User wrote:Manatt sent a flier to all fed. clerks in the LA area. Maybe others.
Have you heard anything on Manatt's reputation? I haven't been able to find anything too substantive.

Rowinguy2009

Bronze

Post by Rowinguy2009 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 4:46 pm

Anyone else doing a clerkship after a couple years of biglaw? My hope was that I could use the clerkship to transition to a non law firm job. This is proving tricky because most job openings that are being posted, even now, are not necessarily wanting to wait around till September for someone to start.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Apr 01, 2016 4:28 pm

Can confirm that Quinn is offering $75k to, afaik, all federal clerks. Also know that they are not the only one though, so their move may have upped the ante for peer firms.

My understanding is April is peak hiring season for firms in DC, so if you haven't applied already, I would get going. Offers are going out in major markets.

Btw, any idea why there have been so few posts on this thread so far? Are clerks having an easier time getting hired this year, or are fewer clerks on TLS than before?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Apr 03, 2016 12:18 pm

+1 to above. Can confirm that at least one lit boutique matched Quinn at $75k.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:47 am

Anonymous User wrote:Curious if there are any other Article 1 clerks in here. I'm in the Court of Federal Claims in DC. Top 20%/LR/Moot Court at a non-NYC/DC t30, but looking in NYC/DC. I worked in-house 2L summer. The career trajectories for CFC clerks are kind of all over the place, so I'm not really sure if there's any meaningful advice anyone can give other than keep on trucking.
I clerked at the CFC a few years ago. From my limited anecdotal data, the overwhelming majority of clerks who didn't have a job lined up after their clerkship end up in government contracts. That's really the only practice area that CFC clerks are actively recruited for, for obvious reasons. A lot also end up in DOJ, particularly the National Courts branch, again for obvious reasons. CFC clerks also seem to be attractive to tax practices.
Last edited by Anonymous User on Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:49 am

Anonymous User wrote:Manatt sent a flier to all fed. clerks in the LA area. Maybe others.
EDCA clerk. I know at least a few other DJs got them too.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Apr 11, 2016 5:13 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Can confirm that Quinn is offering $75k to, afaik, all federal clerks. Also know that they are not the only one though, so their move may have upped the ante for peer firms.

My understanding is April is peak hiring season for firms in DC, so if you haven't applied already, I would get going. Offers are going out in major markets.

Btw, any idea why there have been so few posts on this thread so far? Are clerks having an easier time getting hired this year, or are fewer clerks on TLS than before?
Agreed that there have been very few posts so far. I applied in DC a few months ago (in February) and haven't heard much until this last week. Does anyone know if MoloLamken is interviewing still? I had a first round interview but heard nothing back and its been a month. Also any insight into other lit boutiques (Zuckerman, Kobre)?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Apr 11, 2016 5:13 pm

Anonymous User wrote:+1 to above. Can confirm that at least one lit boutique matched Quinn at $75k.
Would you be willing to disclose what other lit boutique was willing to match?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Apr 11, 2016 6:27 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:+1 to above. Can confirm that at least one lit boutique matched Quinn at $75k.
Don't know if you saw this: http://abovethelaw.com/2016/04/another- ... he-making/

A lit boutique in Denver is paying 60k to COA clerks.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:18 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Yes, please. How about at least a city?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Apr 12, 2016 11:29 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Don't know if you saw this: http://abovethelaw.com/2016/04/another- ... he-making/

A lit boutique in Denver is paying 60k to COA clerks.
Thanks for following up! I didn't see that but was hoping it was going to be in a major market like DC, New York. :( I have heard from a friend that some boutiques might be willing to match if you negotiate.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Judicial Clerkships”