Post-clerkship public interest job search Forum

(Seek and share information about clerkship applications, clerkship hiring timelines, and post-clerkship employment opportunities)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about clerkship applications and clerkship hiring. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Anonymous User

Post-clerkship public interest job search

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 18, 2015 8:21 pm

Do any current or former clerks have advice for those pursuing the PI fellowship route after clerkship? I'm with a progressive judge in a good circuit (think 2/9/7/DC) next year. Didn't do OCI during law school and spent both summers exclusively at nonprofits. How terrified should I be? On a related note, does anyone know if the biglaw door is definitively closed if you didn't do a summer SA?

Anonymous User

Re: Post-clerkship public interest job search

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:04 pm

Friends from Y who were in a similar position ended up with great fellowship or job with non-profits. Not sure about firm jobs. What area of public interest?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 21, 2015 1:29 am

Re big law without SA: no, the door is not closed. I have 3 now former co-clerks (all DJ clerks) who had no big law experience but got big law jobs in major markets after clerking.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:06 pm

OP here. I'm too nervous to say what field, paranoid about outing myself. Thanks so much for the responses.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Judicial Clerkships”