Clerkship and corporate Forum

(Seek and share information about clerkship applications, clerkship hiring timelines, and post-clerkship employment opportunities)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about clerkship applications and clerkship hiring. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Anonymous User

Clerkship and corporate

Post by Anonymous User » Thu May 21, 2015 5:30 pm

Is it worthwhile to pursue a 2nd Circuit/SDNY clerkship if I'm set on going into corporate practice (specifically deals driven work in securities and M&A)? I'm around top 15% at HYS (not on flagship law review/journal). I have strong prior business experience (ran small PE financing deals), strong academic and practical experiences during law school, and probably can get very strong recommendations from professors. I'd be at a top NYC corporate firm (Cravath/Wachtell/S&C). I have no interest in academia.
Last edited by Anonymous User on Thu May 21, 2015 5:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Emma.

Gold

Re: Clerkship and corporate

Post by Emma. » Thu May 21, 2015 5:34 pm

No.

bk1

Diamond

Re: Clerkship and corporate

Post by bk1 » Thu May 21, 2015 6:33 pm

Emma. wrote:No.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Judicial Clerkships”